The Appraisal Institute of Canada has a number of affiliated organizations that offer education and development courses to AIC members! See below our current affiliated organization partners:
- American Society of Appraisers
- Canadian Property Tax Association Inc.
- Carson Dunlop
- ES Computer Training
- International Property Tax Institute
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Real Estate Institute of Canada
- University of British Columbia – Sauder School of Business
- The Canadian Property Tax Association – Western Chapter
- 2017 CPTA Western Chapter Educational Seminar
- Monday March 6 and Tuesday March 7, 2017
- Bankers Hall, Calgary, AB
- Eligible for AIC Guaranteed CPD Credits
Presentations this year will include:
CENTRALIZED ASSESSMENT IN CANADA
Guests from BC, SK, and ON will discuss their centralized assessment systems, the success they have had, what they have learned and adjustments made, and more. Alberta Municipal Affairs will then provide their thoughts and direction for the Province of Alberta’s new Centralized Assessment for Designated Industrial Properties.
WESTERN CANADA TAX COMPETITIVENESS
Bev Dahlby expounds on the recently released BC Tax Competitiveness Report and provides insight as to how this relates to Alberta and Saskatchewan.
CONFERENCE BOARD OF CANADA
Carlos Murillo provides us with another exceptional economic update.
Sarah Welker discusses the impact of a positive corporate culture on the guest experience.
Two accomplished AIC members, Darrell Thorvaldson & Allen Beatty, present on the appraisal of machinery and equipment.
CANADA’S OIL SANDS INNOVATION ALLIANCE
Discuss how they are accelerating the pace of improvement in environmental performance in Canada’s oil sands through collaborative action and innovation.
- CANADIAN WIND ENERGY ASSOC. and CANADIAN SOLAR ENERGY ASSOC.
- PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES – BC, AB, SK, and ON
- WESTERN CANADA LEGAL UPDATES – Wilson Laycraft, Lawson Lundell, and more
To register, please fill out the 2017 CPTA Educational Seminar Registration Form.
The Osgoode-IPTI Certificate – Writing Expert Reports in Property Valuation Disputes
Date & Time: June 12, 13 & 16, 2017 (3 days)
Location: Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor Toronto, ON
Fee per Delegate: $2,495 plus HST
For expert witnesses in property valuation disputes, the ability to draft a clear, competent and cohesive expert report is critical. This interactive and practical program will take your skills to the next level as you will hear from top lawyers, adjudicators and experts who will share knowledge and tips gained from extensive experience drafting, evaluating and reading expert reports.
For more information on this certificate, click here.
E-LEARNING: The International Property Tax Institute (IPTI), in partnership with the Institute of Municipal Assessors (IMA), offers an-Learning platform designed to provide a cost effective and content rich, online learning opportunity for continued education in the field of property assess-ment valuation and taxation.
For details download the brochure here.
UBC’s Sauder School of Business – Real Estate Division offers several options for Appraisal Institute of Canada Members seeking continuing professional development opportunities.
All of the programs and courses listed on this page are “guaranteed credits” for AIC’s Continuing Professional Development Program.
- December 8, 2016 (9am-11am PST)
CPD 140: Statistics 101: Math Literacy for Real Estate Professionals
- December 9, 2016 (9am-11am PST)
CPD 132: More Than Just Form-Filling: Creating Professional Residential Appraisal Reports
- December 9, 2016 (9am-11am PST)
CPD 153: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development in Real Estate
- February, 2017 (date TBD) (9am-11am PST)
CPD 108: Seniors Facilities Valuation
ASA offers its highly recognized education program, the Machinery and Equipment Valuation Program, to AIC members at the same ASA member-discounted price.
This comprehensive education program includes four courses, including:
- ME201-000 – Introduction to Machinery and Equipment Valuation;
- ME202-000 – Machinery and Equipment Valuation Methodology;
- ME203-000 – Advanced Topics and Case Studies;
- ME204-000 – Machinery and Equipment Valuation – Advanced Topics and Report Writing.
REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE OF CANADA (REIC) Under a partnership agreement between AIC and REIC AIC members have access to the REIC’s courses and designation programs which cover all sectors of the real estate industry such as reserve fund planning, ethics, finance, law, leadership, human resources, leasing & negotiating, mortgage underwriting, property/asset management and more. Read the partnership announcement here. Read the FAQs here.
CARSON DUNLOP CONTINUING EDUCATION The following Carson Dunlop courses have been approved for guaranteed AIC CPD credits. For more information visit the Carson Dunlop website.
- Commercial roofing – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Commercial structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Forced-air gas heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Exterior structures – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Getting electricity into the home – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Grow houses – 1 AIC CPD credit
- The home inspection process – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Plumbing: supply, drain, waste and vent – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Surface water control and landscaping – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential cooling systems and insulation – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential electrical systems and appliances – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential interiors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential plumbing systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential roofing and exteriors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wells, pumps and septic systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wood-burning fireplaces – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Architectural Styles – 3 AIC CPD credits
- NEW Facebook & LinkedIn for the Real Estate Industry – 7 CPDs
- MS Outlook – Contact Management System for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Excel – Finances for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Publisher for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- Creating Marketing Presentations for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
For details: ES Computer Training 131 Bloor St. W. Suite 200/318 Toronto, ON M5S 1R8