Call for presentations
The Appraisal Institute of Canada is inviting submissions for presentations at the AIC Conference – Foresight 2020. This landmark event will be hosted by the Appraisal Institute of Canada and attended by over 400 members, affiliates and partners. AIC is requesting relevant and engaging presentations that will relate to the theme and be of interest to Members within one or more of the following audiences:
Presentations should be approximately one hour and 15 minutes (1:15) in duration, plus 15 minutes for discussion and questions with participants, for a total running time of one hour and 30 minutes. Real estate or valuation trends, appraisal techniques, unique case studies, advances in technology, or successful business practices are a few examples of topics of interest. All presentations will be made in English.
- All submission forms should include:
- Presenter (s) name, title and organization
- Target audience
- Synopsis of presentation
- Format of presentation (Panel, Workshop, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Short bio of all presenters
- Headshot of the presenter(s)
- Previous presentation experience
Please download the Submission Form to submit your proposed topic.
Additional information for your consideration:
- Sessions /presentations will take place starting Thursday, June 4 until Saturday, June 6. Three (3) concurrent sessions will run in each timeslot.
- Presentations should be approximately one hour and 15 minutes (1:15) in duration, plus 15 minutes for discussion and questions with participants, for a total running time of one hour and 30 minutes (1:30). Only one application should be submitted for each proposed presentation.
- Presenters will receive one night’s accommodation and a $400 honorarium. This honorarium is meant to offset travel expenses and/or registration fees and will be paid 30 days after the conference.
- All submissions must be received by 5:00 pm PST November 8, 2019.
- Presenters will be notified by December 1, 2019 indicating whether their presentation has been accepted or not.
- Promotion of selected speakers will be substantial including AIC’s website, social media channels, publications and collateral material.