Students and Candidates: 5 Ways to Connect with other Appraisers
As a relatively new member to the appraisal world and a fee appraiser, its been a challenge to build new contacts and reach out to other members who share in the adventure and struggles of a new career and industry. I have had some very good success, but I have had to get out of my office and I realized it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. You just have to come out to a local event and smile.
- Join your local AIC Chapter. Its an easy way to meet other appraisers and stay up to date with current issues and events.
Check your provincial website for a listing of upcoming provincial and chapter events.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and join the AIC on LinkedIn or follow them on Twitter. It is an easy way to see what is new and changing at a glance. There are lots of smaller private groups like the AIC BC on LinkedIn to consider also.
- Get out to a event like Valuing Diversity in Parksville, BC or The National Conference in Winnipeg.
- Find out who your provincial Candidate rep is or check with your local AIC Chapter to see if they have a Candidate rep on the executive who would be happy to connect with you.
- Find out if your local chapter hosts any special events for just Candidates/Students in the upcoming months ahead.
I have found the AIC chapter meetings, events and seminars a really easy way to meet new professionals.