Type de membre Any
Type d'emploi Permanent Full Time
Date de clôture: 2022/07/01
Nom du contact: Vic Sweett
Website: View Website
Adresse de contact: #2-57 Skinner Street
Ville de contact: Nanaimo
Contact Postal Code: V9R5G9
Email du contact:
Description de l'emploi:
Member type: Candidate, CRA, AACI, CRP
Employment type: Contract
Salary range: Negotiable depending on experience/courses taken/designation
Province: British Columbia
Closing Date: 07/01/2022
Contact Name:: Victor Sweett, Owner and President
Contact Email : (for resume submission)
Coverage Area – All Vancouver Island locations including the West Coast of Vancouver Island, Tofino and Ucluelet and surrounding areas as well as the Gulf Islands for all types of market appraisals. The Certified Reserve Planner position’s coverage area is all of British Columbia for both Insurance Appraisals and Depreciation Reports.
Pacific Rim Appraisals Ltd. Is a well established Residential and Commercial appraisal firm since 1991. We have 3 offices, Nanaimo, Victoria and Richmond, BC We are seeking appraiser recruits in our Nanaimo office for candidates with industry experience actively pursuing their CRA designation, or already a designated member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada – CRA, AACI or CRP (Certified Reserve Planner).
We offer a commission based salary, with competitive splits (Commission split is negotiable depending on experience). If you are looking for a great location and busy professional appraisal firm to work for: – Please forward your resume & cover letter outlining your experience. Company offering a signing bonus and temporary accommodation for suitable candidate.
Preferred Applicant Requirements Needed Are:
· Either a recent graduate or currently finishing requirements towards the designation
· Or hold a University Degree and pursuing a career in real estate appraisal or interested in this field of real estate work
· Or have a designation with either a CRA, AACI or CRP (Certified Reserve Planner)
· Good Communication Skills and previous Appraisal Experience is a plus.
· Good Computer Skills and be well versed in CRAL, Alamode, MS Word, Excel and a bonus if you possess appraisal software experience
· Knowledge of MLS (Multiple Listing System) and Appraisal Management Company portals would be an asset.
· Individual possess high energy and a willingness to learn new task and areas.
· Must be able to work in a high volume and fast paced environment with short deadlines.
· Must be well organized, be able to prioritize workflow, setup appts and multi-task along with good time-management skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours and when busy weekends if needed.
· Work in a team environment and to keep in communication with admin staff
· Good interpersonal communication and telephone skills
· A Member in Good Standing with the Appraisal Institute
· Valid AIC E & O insurance.
· CPIC Check.
· A valid driver’s licence
· A reliable good vehicle and proper insurance coverage as needed for work
· Up to date AIC credits and courses i.e., List of courses completed for their designation
· Must be willing to relocate to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and to travel for assignments in and around the areas on Vancouver Island as required.
· Be Looking for a long-term career with a professional reputable firm
· All applications will be kept confidential
· PLEASE FORWARD RESUME ALONG WITH COVER LETTER TO: or fax to 250-754-3701
· Only successful applicants will be notified for interviews
PACIFIC RIM APPRAISALS LTD. Check our website out @: www.pacificrimappraisals.com
Our company has been in business since 1991 and we are one of the larger real estate appraisal firms on Vancouver Island, our main office is located in Nanaimo with sub-offices in both Victoria and Richmond on the mainland. We offer professional, fast and good quality appraisal services to our clients, which consist of major banks, mortgage brokers, individuals, Appraisal Management Companies, Government, Provincial and Federal and a number of others. Services offered are a wide range of appraisal services including residential, multi-family, commercial, insurance and depreciation report services as well as consulting services. Our fees are competitive for the area and we take pride in the quality of work we offer to our clients.
We are a team-oriented company consisting of CRAs, AACIs, Engineer, Candidate Appraisers, Appraisal/Research/Depreciation Research Assistants and 3 Administration Support Staff. We have a friendly, fun work atmosphere and everyone is working for the same goal of servicing our clients with the best quality service and turn-around time available. Communication is #1!
Recently, the real estate market on Vancouver Island has exploded and thus the need for more appraisers are needed - in order to maintain and service the demand from our clients. We guarantee you will be busy and make a very good salary for those that work hard. Estimated yearly salary can range from $60,000 to $130,000+ for individuals that apply themselves fully.
Our goal is to train each appraisal contractor to their fullest, in order for each appraiser to be well versed in all aspects of the process and our company policies. Training will be supplied for the appraisal software, use of Appraisal Management Scheduling and outlining of assignments. Depending on experience, the training can last from 1-6 months the successful candidate may work alongside a CRA or AACI in the field to gain experience for a short time prior to going out in the field on their own. A Desk, business cards and a camera will be supplied. Successful candidates will strive to gain their degree in a timely manner which will increase their commission split and ability to sign their own reports. All assignments are provided through our administration staff with some being by request of appraiser. All successful applicants will be required to sign a “Competition Clause”.