Type de membre Candidate Member
Type d'emploi Permanent Full Time
Date de clôture: August 10, 2019
Email du contact: ac.me1563395130rolav1563395130@ofni1563395130
Description de l'emploi:
Real Estate Appraiser - NOC 1314
Company: GH VALOREM GROUP INC.
Business information: GH Valorem Group Inc is a Canadian real estate appraisal company, serving the areas of Ottawa, Kingston, Belleville (Ontario) and the municipalities in the surrounding areas. The enterprise provides residential and commercial appraisal services for institutional clients and for the general public. The company has two separate offices (Ottawa and Kingston) and a robust team of appraisers who gives timely attention to the requirements of our clients, achieving an exceptional quality in our daily work.
Business address: 430 Hazeldean Road Suite 201 - Ottawa - ON K2L 1T9
Work Location: 430 Hazeldean Road Suite 201 - Ottawa - ON K2L 1T9 (main office), 556 O'Connor Dr - Kingston ON K7P 1N3 (secondary office) and other locations in the areas of Ottawa, Kingston, Belleville and the municipalities in the surrounding areas according to the clients’ locations.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Appraise value of property and buildings
- Prepare appraisal reports for lending agencies and insurance companies
- Prepare appraisal reports for government departments
- Prepare appraisal reports for courts, attorneys, and creditors
- Prepare appraisal reports for buyers or auctioneers
- Assess value of land, buildings, structures and property improvements for taxation, grants and regional planning prior to purchase or sale
- Review and analyze data such as location cost data and easements
- Explain assessment process to ratepayers
- Inspect residential improvements to collect information regarding the physical, legal and economic aspects of the property
- Prepare appraisal reports, including all the relevant information gathered in the previous inspections.
- Research data market and general industry information, that allows the team of appraisers to have a more clear and specific overview of the residential market
- Accept new work orders from the different clients which the company serves, addressing the type of service to be provided and the turnaround time for each request
- Respond quotes requests from our clientele, helping in the process of negotiation support and business development
- When there are not any inspections, the candidate must perform some administrative/office activities, related to fields such as market research, new business development, customer service and finance
- Perform comparative sales research and analysis
- Review and interpret plans, agreement of purchase and sale and other legal documents in order to gather the information required to complete an appraisal report
- Take part of external networking events in order to connect with real estate market participants
- A college diploma or vocational training in the field of appraisal and/or business management or several years of experience in residential appraisals and experience preparing appraisal reports of all types of property are required.
- Certification required: the worker must be registered with the Appraisal Institute of Canada as a Candidate member or willing to obtain the certification as soon as possible.
- Knowledge of various real estate database such as Ottawa Real Estate Board, Quinte West Real Estate Board and Kingston Real Estate Board, is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is an asset.
- The candidate must be working towards the AACI/CRA designation with the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- It is important to emphasize that the applicant for this job position must have availability to move between Ottawa, Kingston and Belleville on a daily basis and perform some administrative tasks in the offices of Ottawa and Kingston when required.
- Professional skills:
- Flexible/adaptable to constant change
- Strong tact and diplomacy; ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Highly organized, analytical and motivated; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to prioritize, organize and plan work under own initiative
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Decision making, delegation skills, leadership ability
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- A valid driving licence is an important asset
Salary: $33.00 to $34.00 hourly, 35 to 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Mileage paid
Work schedule: Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm. Eventually, Saturday: 8:30 am to 1:00pm
The job required flexibility due to the company receive appraisal orders from different lender, which have a very narrow time frame to complete. Consequently, the worker should have disposition to travel and complete some orders at any time.
Apply by e-mail to: *protected email*
Apply by mail to: 430 Hazeldean Road Suite 201 - Ottawa - ON K2L 1T9