Appraisal Institute of Canada
Residential Market Studies Analyst, Economic Consulting - Alberta
Permanent Full Time | Nom du contact:Altus Group Limited | Date de clôture:2022/06/29
Type de membre
Permanent Full Time
Date de clôture:
Nom du contact:
Altus Group Limited
Website: View Website
Email du contact:
Description de l'emploi:
Reporting to the Director, Economic Consulting we are looking for a Residential Market Studies Analyst, to join our National Economic Advisory team. You will play a pivotal role conducting research, analysing data, and contributing to studies for our residential feasibility consulting practice.
Who you are
You are a recent grad with an interest in economics, planning, urban development or policy analysis; with exceptional research, data analysis, and writing skills. You are detail oriented and have an interest in consultative report writing and working as a trusted advisor in residential or mixed-use studies - and you are looking for an opportunity to be trained and mentored in this field. You want to join a national team at a scaling industry leader offering competitive analysis and advice founded on data and integrity. You have an entrepreneurial spirit, the growth mindset, and the willi ngness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to learn and make an impact.
What you will focus on
As our new Analyst, Residential Market Studies, you bring:
- Conduct research. You will collect data from both internal and third-party sources regarding economic, demographic, real estate market, and other topics as required. You will correspond with industry participants to elicit and compile real estate market data.
- Prepare information for reporting and analysis. You will perform data entry for analytical models and prepare preliminary analysis. You will support complex consulting reports by writing, editing, and proofreading assigned sections under the supervision of a Senior Analyst.
- Build and create. You will use GIS software to perform spatial data analysis and provide high-quality graphic outputs and mapping. You will assist with the development and maintenance of analytical models. You will create informative and visually compelling tables and charts for consulting reports.
- Learn. You will continuously upgrade your knowledge regarding the market and industry trends.
What’s in it for you?
- The education and motivation. You have a university degree in Economics, Statistics, Urban Geography, Urban Planning, Business, or a related discipline. You take ownership of your tasks, are detail-oriented, and comfortable supporting the efforts of a team acting as a key contact for disseminating information.
- The technical skills. You have basic research, quantitative and analytical skills. You are proficient in MS Office, including Excel. GIS software knowledge is a benefit.
- The interpersonal skills. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You are collaborative and can build relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders. You are comfortable reaching out via email or phone to obtain information and confirm details.
- The flexibility. You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. You are willing to work the occasional weekend or evening to complete studies or attend client meetings, forums, and information sessions when it is safe to do so.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn.
- Impact, reputation, and collaboration. Our National Economics Advisory Team conducts more than 100 feasibility studies a year, and we are ramping up. We have a top-end product, continuously evolving to meet the needs of our clients and backed by a reputation for delivering services with independence and integrity. This is a chance to be part of an organization with one of the largest repositories of real estate data, inhouse built tech products to access and analyze the data, and experts in appraisals, construction costs, and valuation.
- Exposure. We work on projects across the country, presenting new and unique challenges with leads generated through marketing and a reputation that precedes us. This is an opportunity to gain an incredible amount of exposure and hands-on opportunity working with renowned experts in the field, including VP and Chief Economist, Peter Norman, supporting your work and learning as you go.
- Career development. We have a year-over-year mandate to develop the broader team; you will have endless possibilities for growth with the chance to move up to a Senior Analyst, Consultant, and beyond, across the group into commercial real estate studies, or into another line of the business.