Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of an Analyst in our Public Sector Services Group within our Research, Valuation and Advisory business unit in Toronto. The selected individual will work within a dynamic team gaining experience in (but not limited to) land and building valuations for financing, expropriation, assessment and property tax, market surveys, development pro-forma / cash flows, lease analysis, leasehold interests, and pure consulting assignments.
The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of real estate data, which is to be used for valuation consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research and consulting support for key assignments.
What's in it for you
Exposure, mentorship, and career growth. This is a chance to be part of an organization that works on an exciting range of real estate property projects across the country, a place that is recognized at the top of our industry. You will be mentored by multiple senior analysts, gaining exposure as you work on increasingly high-profile clients independently, on more complex projects.
- Prepare accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal / external partners
- Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third-party sources with respect to market rates, comparable transactions and general market knowledge
- Ensure data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion
- Conduct market surveys and research by calling various market participants (e.g. brokers, developers, municipalities, city planners, etc.)
- In partnership with the Sr. Analyst, Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate Director, Director, or Sr. Director, perform site inspections
- Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends
- Accurately complete time sheets ensuring non-billable time and recoverable expenses are clearly outlined
- Become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status by completing requirements outlined by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at or 416-641-9500.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmF0YWxpZS5tb29yZS4yMDAwNy4xMDMzM0BhbHR1c2dyb3VwLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
- University degree, preferably in Real Estate, Commerce, Economics, Finance, Urban Planning
- 1 year of related work experience is preferred, this could include co-op or internship opportunities as well
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
- Valid driver’s license preferred with the ability to work flexible hours and travel locally for site inspections
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (if statements, pivot tables, etc.)
- Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, etc.)
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work flexible hours and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
- Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) designation is considered an asset
- Real estate experience is considered an asset