London, ON, CA
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand?
Become a Property Valuation Specialist with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism
MPAC is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism. We are taking important steps towards ensuring that all voices are respected, valued and being heard. MPAC is dedicated to fostering an environment where employees can bring their full, unique and authentic selves and are inspired to do their best work.
What makes you great for this role?
You are an organized team player who can explicitly communicate valuation and assessment of properties to stakeholders and property owners.
- A team of highly skilled, dedicated, and collaborative staff to work with
- Leadership that supports you
- An enterprise that embraces change
- A work environment that has flexible work locations (including remote), hours of work and overall employee wellness support
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Real Property Administration, Real Estate and Housing, Geography, Urban Planning or related field
- Completion of a professional designation from one of the following recognized accrediting organizations:
o Appraisal Institute of Canada: Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI™)
o International Association of Assessing Officers: Certified Assessment Evaluator (CAE)
o Institute of Municipal Assessors: Member of the IMA (MIMA)
o Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors: Member of RICS (MRICS), or Fellow of RICS (FRICS)
- 5+ years progressive experience in the specific valuation disciplines
- Expert knowledge of appraisal techniques and theory on the approaches to value; and
- Advanced knowledge of the Assessment Act and the Municipal Act
- Thorough knowledge and experience in valuation tools such as cost manuals and multiple regression analysis
- In-depth research, analytical and problem-solving skills in valuation investigation
- Strong oral and written communication skills to liaise with clients and legal representatives regarding valuation concepts, theories and values
What you will do:
- Explicitly communicate valuation and assessment of properties to stakeholders and property owners
- Explain the assessed value and classification of properties through methodology and process at challenged court and tribunal cases
- Train, coach, and mentor Analysts and Property Inspectors while also reviewing their completed work for accuracy, efficiency and compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitor local markets for economic factors that may influence or impact property valuations
- Develop appraisal reports through research and analysis for internal and external stakeholders
- Requisition ID: 1239
- Closing Date: June 2, 2023
Ready to apply?
Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to .
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
MPAC on LinkedIn
MPAC on Twitter
MPAC on YouTube
MPAC on Facebook