Employment type: Contract
Closing Date: 2019/10/18
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 1340 Pickering Parkway
Contact Email: ac.ca1571424215pm@sr1571424215eerac1571424215
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand?
Become an Account Support Coordinator with MPAC
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
- Coordinate and support the Regional Manager and Account Managers to enhance stakeholders’ awareness and understanding of MPAC’s products, services and outreach.
- Interact with stakeholder representatives primarily through phone and email, to support their needs.
- Maintain municipal, provincial, and business profile and contact lists, communicating changes internally in a timely manner.
- Update and monitor customer relations management tools with call records, leads, and opportunities, and provide reporting on call trends.
- Assist in preparing reports, information, presentations, in addition to scheduling meetings and event planning.
- Review local media articles, audio coverage, press releases, council meeting minutes etc forwarding relevant information to Regional and/or Account Manager(s).
- Monitor assigned geographic zone budget and identify variances, in collaboration with Regional Manager.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
- At least 3 years of experience providing coordination and administrative support.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to stay well organized and effectively manage competing priorities.
- A proactive attitude with a passion for customer satisfaction.
- The ability to process and analyze information, as well as take a series of instructions and create efficient actions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Nice to have:
- Administrative support experience within a municipality or related organization.
- A post-secondary education in Public Administration, i.e. municipal administration, municipal taxation/revenue or related field.
- Related experience in property assessment.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Great corporate culture
- Flexible work
- Opportunity for growth
- Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
- Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
Posting number: MPAC-186-19
Number of positions: 1
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Temporary Assignment up to 12 Months
Branch: Municipal and Stakeholder Relations
Department: Valuation and Customer Relations
Position level and salary: PE09 $51,982
Area of Search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on the link followed by the “Apply Online” icon, create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by October 18, 2019. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to *protected email*.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.