Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $100,000+
Contact Name: Ryan Vogt
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 4 - 320 W.T. Hill Blvd S
Benchmark Assessment Consultants Inc. are the largest assessment company in Southern Alberta, servicing 50 different Municipalities, with a total of approximately 100,000 parcels – of these 45,000 are urban. Benchmark services municipalities of various sizes from the Town of Canmore with over 12,000 parcels, rural MD of Willow Creek with 10,000 parcels to the Village of Hill Spring with 155 parcels and many more!
Our office is located in the City of Lethbridge. In 2019, Lethbridge became the fourth Alberta city to surpass 100,000 people with a recorded population of 101,482. The nearby Canadian Rocky Mountains contribute to the city's warm summers and mild winters. Lethbridge lies southeast of Calgary on the Oldman River.
Benchmark Assessment are seeking a self-motivated individual looking for a challenging opportunity to represent our organization as an Appointed Assessor in several municipalities. The successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Collect data, update, and classify inventory for both new and existing properties with a diverse urban & rural scope following procedures and policies in order to maintain an accurate and equitable assessment base
• Determine assessment status and value of properties, using methods such as field inspections, structural measurement, and calculation
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders regarding specific property assessments and assessment legislation and policy, to promote an increased understanding of property assessment and property tax
• Producing the annual assessment roll to the municipality, declaring the roll to ASSET, and supervising candidate assessors working under your supervision
• Respond to public inquiries of assessed values and assist with the defense of assessments under appeal at Assessment Review Boards
• Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as required within the scope of the position
• A diploma in Urban Land Economics or diploma in a related discipline, majoring in Real Estate Appraisal & Assessment
• A professional designation with the Alberta Assessors Association (AMAA), Appraisal Institute of Canada (AACI) or International Association of Assessing Officers (CAE)
• Minimum of 5-7 years related work experience
• Proficiency using CAMALot assessment software, as well as Microsoft Office Suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license
• A willingness to travel within Southern Alberta with the occasional overnight trip as required.
• A willingness to relocate to the Lethbridge Region
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service approach
Closing Date/Time: This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Salary Information: The salary range for this position is from $100,000 - $120,000 plus a range of health & dental benefits and employer matched RSP Plan.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume complete with salary expectations and references, by mail or email.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Ryan Vogt at 403-381-0535 or .
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and advise only those applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Ryan Vogt, AACI, P.App
Benchmark Assessment Consultants Inc.
#4, 320 W.T. Hill Blvd S
Lethbridge, AB T1K 4V2