Analyst, Commercial Real Estate Appraiser - British Columbia
Permanent Full Time | Contact Name: Geraldine Ymana | Closing Date: 2018/07/20
Permanent Full Time
33 Yonge Street, Suite 500
Contact Email: email@example.com
Altus Group is currently seeking an Analyst to join our Research, Valuation, and Advisory division the Kelowna area. The Analyst will work within a dynamic team gaining experience in (but not limited to) land valuation, appraisal methods, building inspections, and data analysis.
The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of industrial to commercial real estate data, which is to be used for property assessment and valuation consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research and consulting support for key assignments.
- Prepare accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal / external partners. Extensive senior co‐worker review is anticipated.
- Develop cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software such as Excel, Argus DCF, Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer or other appropriate software. Extensive senior co‐worker review is anticipated.
- Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third party sources with respect to market rental rates, comparable building transactions and general market knowledge.
- Ensure data collected as part of on‐going assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
- Conduct market surveys and research by calling various market participants (e.g. brokers, developers, property managers, leasing agents, municipalities, City Planners, etc.)
- In partnership with the Senior Consultant perform building inspections.
- Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends.
- Accurately complete time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non billable time and recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
- Become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status by completing requirements outline by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year.
- University or college degree, preferably in Business, Economics, or Finance or related experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (vlookup, if statements, pivot tables, etc.)
- Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, Dyna, etc.)
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
- Availability to work flexible hours and travel locally for building inspections
- Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) designation is considered an asset
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics, and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,500 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.