Member type: Candidate Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 06-30-2021
Contact Name: Altus Group Limited
Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of Analyst, Commercial Real Estate Tax to join our Property Tax division. The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of property assessment, tax, rental and operating data which is to be used in the provision of property assessment and tax consulting services directly related to our clients. The Analyst will administer the payment, from trust accounts, of property tax invoices on client-owned or leased properties under the supervision of a Senior Director.
This position works out of our Halifax or Moncton office, where the culture is open and collaborative. We will also consider candidates working remotely, with occasional requirements of in-office meetings. Must be available during working hours in the Atlantic time zone.
* Respond to communications from municipalities, landlords, and client employees in a respectful and timely manner.
* Ensures in a proactive manner that all necessary property data for client properties needed to provide assessment and tax consulting services is obtained and organized in a timely matter. Some senior co-worker review is anticipated.
* Assist in the preparation of analysis or project tracking reports using standard software such as Excel, Word, Access, Altus Tools or other appropriate software. Some senior co-worker review is anticipated.
* Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third party sources with respect to comparable building transactions, comparable assessment data and general market knowledge.
* Ensure tax bill/assessment data collected as part of ongoing assignments are entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
* Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and taxation practices and procedures and legislation.
* Take on responsibility for ensuring legislated deadlines for the provision of required data, reporting to clients, etc. are met, with a minimum of supervision.
* Work cooperatively with team members across the organization.
* Develop internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing.
* Provide input and assistance with the developments and implementation of best practices across the business unit.
* University Degree or College Diploma in business, math, finance or economics; or related experience in property tax
* 1-2+ years related work experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation/assessment and/or property tax analysis
* Good skills in assessment and tax analysis, i.e. Excel, Access, Altus Tools etc.
* Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and strong attention to detail skills
* Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Sharepoint.
* Ability to work in a team and independently
* Good writing skills in order to create a comprehensive correspondence with clients and staff members
* Developing a basic understanding of the property assessment and tax consulting and advisory industry.
* Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) is considered an asset
* Some French language skills are an asset.