Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2023/10/02
Website: View Website
As a Residential Appraiser II for Intact Financial Corporation’s Prestige team, your work will have a big impact on our customers as you service the Vancouver area including the Vancouver Island region.
As a valued member of the team, you will be a brand champion for the Intact Prestige team, conduct appraisals on new business and prospect business to determine accurate replacement costs, risk acceptability, and identify loss potential. You will make recommendations and come up with solutions tailored to the specific risk and circumstance.
What you’ll do here :
- Deliver effortless customer experience.
- Collaborate with various individuals (broker, customers and various internal departments).
- Develop relationships with local contractors and conduct interviews to determine factors and trends driving change in construction costs for labor, materials and building components within the region.
- Identify and evaluate finishes and features of high valued residential property.
- Physically inspect, measure and photograph structures to update assessment.
- Keep current on construction industry forecasts, building costs, building codes, territory trends and unacceptable risk characteristics.
- Provide recommendations and solutions tailored to the specific risk, exposures and characteristics inherent to the territory including product advantages to customers during the appraisal process.
- Advise various stakeholders on loss prevention and mitigation solutions
What you bring to the table :
- Minimum 2 years of property appraisal, field adjusting or cost estimating/construction
- Ability to identify different styles of construction, fire protection and unique features found in residential homes.
- Flexibility to travel within the Vancouver area (including the islands) and this will including overnight trips. Our team is as efficient as possible to make trips meaningful.
- Capability to work within monthly deadlines while balancing travel in the Vancouver area (including the Vancouver Island region).
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record is a requirement
- Expertise to interpret architectural and builder plans is an asset
- Property risk analysis experience an asset
- CIP or CRM designation an asset
Please apply on our careers site by following the link here: Intact Career Hub (myworkdayjobs.com)