Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $100,000+
Closing Date: 2020/09/25
Contact Name: Scott Smith
Website: View Website
At the City of Grande Prairie, we recognize and value that people have lives outside of work. We offer flexibility with scheduling, have higher than minimum vacation entitlements and comprehensive benefits that not only cover you when you're sick but encourage you to be well. We have wellness events, social activities, community fundraising activities and a supportive work environment where you can grow your career.
The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice!
Job posting date/time: September 11, 2020
Deadline to apply: September 25, 2020
Job Type: Permanent, full-time position
Salary: $48.97 - $60.13 (hourly)
**Lesser qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and may be considered at a lower classification and salary level**
The Assessment Department is looking for a full time Assessor who will lead in inspecting and assessing real property to determine market value.
You must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; initiative; sound judgment; attention to detail; the ability to get along with all types of people; the ability to analyze data; and the ability to handle stress. If you possess these characteristics, consider joining the City of Grande Prairie where as an Assessor you will be given an opportunity make decisions and accept responsibility for them.
The Assessor III is a senior level assessor position and plays a key role as a mentor and leader in the effective management and administration of the assessment process. This position involves the long and short term planning, development, co-ordination, implementation and continual improvement of all assessment related processes. In the position you must be able to provide research and analysis into new techniques to improve the practice of the business unit. This is accomplished though networking with other municipalities, agencies, and the business community. You would be responsible for detailed and complex assessment valuations including residential, commercial, industrial, special purpose and farmland. This work requires a high degree of initiative, independent judgment, and interpretation for establishing mass appraisal valuations through market analysis. The position requires a strong background in statistical analysis and appraisal theory which is validated by a recognized professional accreditation in the field of property valuation.
• High school diploma plus a two-year post-secondary diploma or degree in property assessment or related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution.• Accreditation as a Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA) designation or equivalent;
• Must have mixed valuation experience, with at least five years mass appraisal experience;
• Knowledge of and the ability to interpret applicable legislation, regulations, procedures, and processes governing property assessment;
• Proficient with Assessment software;
• Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license, provide vehicle for business use and acceptable driver’s abstract;
• Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered;
Benefits of working for the City of Grande Prairie
• Full benefits package
• Optional compressed work week (1 earned day off every 3 weeks)
• Optional APEX Supplementary Pension Plan in addition to Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
• Generous vacation allotment
• Retention bonus after 5 years employment
• Commitment to lifelong learning
• Annual $500 health spending account
Job base location
City Hall, 10205 98 Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta
Hours of work
8:30am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday (35 hours per week)
How to apply
Please visit www.cityofgp.com and select Apply for Jobs. All applications must be submitted online.
Who to contact for more information
Please contact Scott Smith with the Assessment/Taxation Department at (780) 538-0319 if you have any questions in regards to the work, organization or City of Grande Prairie.
The Assessment/Taxation Department would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.