Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $85,000 - 99,000
Closing Date: 2021/10/17
Contact Name: Leslie Habke
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 262075 Rocky View Point
Contact City: Rocky View County
Contact Postal Code: T4A 0X2
Rocky View County
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Job Number: J0921-1693
Location: Rocky View County, AB
Salary Range: $81,021 – 95,200 /year
Reporting to the Manager, Assessment Services, the Assessor assists in establishing and maintaining the assessment base for all real property in Rocky View County. This position is responsible for providing assessments on all property types. Additionally, the Assessor assists the Manager, department Leads, and Senior Assessors in completion of various assessment duties related to annual assessments, tribunal defense and special projects.
· Collect data through field inspections in order to update and classify inventory for all property classes with a diverse urban and rural scope following procedures and legislation in order to maintain an accurate and equitable assessment base.
· Effectively communicate with external stakeholders about specific property assessments and assessment legislation, to promote increased understanding of property assessment.
· Provide data quality control to ensure market value changes are reasonable.
· Research, analyze and verify market transactions to support values for assessment purposes.
· Interpret all types of construction blueprints, plans and cost summaries and determine how they contribute to the value of the property.
· Apply provincial legislation to interpret the factors, principles, practices, and procedures used in the assessment of land and improvements on all property classes.
· Interpret and apply legislative parameters such that statutory requirements are satisfied.
· Communicate with stakeholders, including residential and farm property owners, commercial and industrial property owners, property tax agents, and other industry and government officials, in a variety of situations (open house, telephone inquiries, and field inspections).
· Provide research and assistance to the assessment team, such as market value studies and sales comparisons, for Assessment Review Board preparation.
· Represent the County with professionalism and integrity at the Assessment Review Board.
· Analyze trends in sales prices, construction costs, and rents to determine property values and/or the accuracy of property assessments.
· Conduct analysis and valuations for other departments
· Perform complex computer aided mass appraisal functions ranging from interaction with elaborate cost systems (Camalot and Marshall Swift), to a tax system (Great Plains), a building permit system (Cityview) and a geographical information system (ArcMap, GISMO).
· This position may be eligible for remote work on an ad hoc basis.
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Completion of Real Property Assessment Certificate, Real Property Valuation Certificate, Real Property Administration (Assessment and Appraisal) Diploma, or degree or diploma in Business, Commerce, Economics or a related discipline.
· AMAA, AACI, CRA or CAE or equivalent designation, (or working towards the education and experience equivalency).
· Meets all ongoing requirements for professional associations and continuing professional development.
· Possess a good working knowledge of land values, general housing and development trends - including the construction market, and the rental values of commercial and industrial property.
· Experience in mass appraisal, property valuation or related field considered an asset.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
· Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
To Apply: https://www.rockyview.ca/careers