Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2018-06-27
Contact Name: Altus Group Limited
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory and valuation services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry – and we continue to grow. As part of our strategic plan in the Prairie’s, we will be opening a new office in Saskatoon to complement our other offices in Canada. This office will work closely with our teams in Winnipeg, Calgary & Edmonton to service new and existing customers locally.
The Opportunity Working in partnership the Western Region Vice President, you will develop and implement strategies and business plans to achieve growth targets for Saskatoon and across the province. With the support of the team, you will also be responsible for building and co-leading the valuation practice locally, as well as partnering with the Property Tax and Cost Advisory business units to identify opportunities. Over time you would be leading a team of An alysts and Consultants at the Saskatoon office, leading business growth along with the development and management of those on your team. You will be the technical expert, business manager and mentor to those that work within the Valuation and Advisory Business Unit.
- Work with VP to establish annual revenue growth and staff targets for the Saskatoon practice.
- Implement plans in the local market to ensure client satisfaction that leads to ongoing and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Conduct project reviews and lead the assessment of client requirements. Develop strategies to build strong business relationships and play a key role in client presentations.
- Manage client relationships in a manner that leads to contract renewal, referrals and service expansion including up-sells and cross-sells.
- Implement plans that support the businesses’ overall people oriented focus that ensures employee development and continuous improvement efforts. Encourage employee satisfaction and retention of key talent.
- Work cooperatively with peers and teams across the organization to facilitate information sharing, cross selling and expansion of service offerings to clients. Build a competent and professional team focused on delivering high levels of quality service to clients.
- Support the leadership in development and implementation of marketing and synergy plans for the assigned practice or offices.
- Provide a full range of valuation and consulting services to new and existing clients.
- Continuously upgrade knowledge regarding market and industry trends.
- Develop and maintain a local database of real estate intelligence, leverage the existing Altus services and technical platforms.
- Work with national leaders to develop strategies to effectively manage client relationships and to explore additional opportunities for all Altus business units.
- Prepare and deliver high impact client presentations.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings and project debriefs with clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction
- Carries an AACI designation or comparable real estate industry related credentials
- University Degree
- 5+ years of related experience in Commercial Real Estate Valuation and Advisory
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to direct operations of a practice
- Established reputation in the marketplace
- High achievement motivation – demonstrated results orientation
- Ability to coach, develop, and mentor key talent
- Ability to build and maintain strong client/employee relationships
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and oral presentation
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with internal staff and clients
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Represent the organization and Altus team by projecting a positive and professional image at all times
- Very good knowledge/expertise in real estate valuation and advisory including all approaches to value
- Where applicable, working knowledge of Argus DCF/Argus Enterprise
- Very good knowledge of the real estate industry in Canada/local area market
- Multi-dimensional understanding of the real estate consulting and advisory industry At Altus, we want you to realize your potential.
We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.