Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: Negotiable
Contact Name: Alison McGavigan
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 2101 10088 102 Avenue
Contact City: Edmonton
Contact Province: Alberta
Contact Postal Code: T5J 2Z1
JLL is currently seeking an individual to join our Valuation Advisory team in Edmonton, at an Associate Vice President level (or higher). This high performance and dynamic team is expanding on its professional services team, in coordination with overall growth plans within JLL Canada, and globally.
The applicant will have the ability to complete complex appraisal assignments, with minimal oversight. The successful candidate will complete assignments in connection with commercial real estate valuation and consulting projects which may include analyzing complex highest and best use scenarios, estimation of cash flows utilizing discounted cash flow models, analyses of comparable sales and cost research. ARGUS proficiency is a requirement for this role. Successful candidates will also display the ability to interact directly with clients.
· Determining highest and best use, estimating market rents, and concluding to credible market values
· Conducting research and collecting data from both internal and external resources to aid in the valuation process.
· Building reliable, accurate cash flow projections and valuation models using the appropriate resources and market tools.
· Preparing all aspects of a CUSPAP-conforming appraisal report.
· Continuously improving available skillset and market knowledge via participation in conferences, on-line learning, etc.
· Developing relationships both inside and outside JLL for the development of the business and to grow the service line.
· Providing mentoring and guidance to supporting team members.
· 5+ years of real estate valuation experience
· ARGUS proficiency an asset
· AACI designation required
· MAI and/or MRICS/FRICS designation a plus, but not required
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills
· Advanced analytical & writing skills
· Team player, with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Business development and client relationship management experience
ABOUT JLL VALUATION ADVISORY
JLL Valuation Advisory Canada is a best-in-class national valuation platform, with geographical coverage to tackle complex mandates across the country. At this time, the group focuses on valuation assignments of major, institutional grade retail, office, and industrial assets, with some localized specialization in multi-family, seniors housing, and hotel properties. In 2020, the team valued north of $45B in property value across Canada for various annual purposes, as well as completed a variety of quarterly advisory and portfolio value monitoring assignments.
Our Canadian group is a key partner in JLL’s global Valuation Advisory team that focuses on technology and innovation, sector expertise, seamless communication, and an integrated service approach. With the best quality data and a truly global team, we deliver a seamless, digital-first client experience, providing quality advice on any asset, anywhere in the world. JLL Valuation Advisory is one of the world’s most strategic, creative and connected real estate capital advisors, delivering customized solutions to enable clients to make the fastest, best informed decisions for their investment interests throughout the life cycle. In 2019, our 1,700 professionals worldwide valued over $2.7 trillion in assets, across almost 1,700,000 valuations.