Building Assessor - Ontario
Permanent Full Time | Contact Name: JLL
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 90,000 as of December 31, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and help fight climate change by reducing GHG emissions. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
Building Assessor Position Overview:
JLL is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Building Assessor to provide site inspections across Canada and generate quality condition reports to support the Capital Planning Program. You will work with a wide range of JLL/client staff and report on the condition of buildings to support funds to maintain the portfolio in a good state of repair. You will also be writing detailed project justifications based on inspection results. This role is flexible but require extensive travel throughout the year (up to 70% travel).
- Conduct and complete detail building condition reports (BCR) using mobile inspection software for properties across Canada.
- Provide repairs/replacement recommendations for building assets and systems based on visual inspection.
- Interact with Facility Management staff to ascertain site information.
- Assist other inspection program such as Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) surveys. Full technical and safety training will be provided.
- Prepare and issue Project Justifications to support project delivery for sites inspected. Coordinate meeting with both JLL and client to determine project delivery year.
- Support all aspects of the Capital Planning Program related to site inspections, project justifications, data quality, reporting and program improvements.
- Manage all travel and expenses in a cost effective, creative manner in compliance with JLL Travel and Expenses Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sound like you? To apply, you need to be/have:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline (Architectural, Engineering, Construction Technology or related inspection program).
- 2 years of experience in building construction industry, performing condition assessment inspections, or equivalent is an asset.
- General knowledge of the process of construction project delivery.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, building systems/components such as HVAC, roofs, electrical, mechanical and plumbing. Understanding of building materials, life cycle/replacement and component costing.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and work at heights over 10 feet. Working at heights training will be provided.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s license with a good driving record, and have access to reliable vehicle.
- Basic understanding of Building Code Act, Fire Code and municipal by-laws.
- Well developed judgement and decision skills and the ability to resolve complex problems related to inspections.
- Must be tech savvy! Skilled in the use of computer technologies such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Skype, smartphone apps, inspection tools and related software.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job which includes walking, sitting and standing for extended periods of time; climbing, crawling and stooping.
- Must be willing to travel between 70% of the time in order to fulfill responsibilities of the role. The remaining will be working from home or office.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Police Record Check and clearance will be required at time of offer.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and the ability to work independently.
- French language is an asset.
What You Can Expect From Us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Jll is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact moc.l1563957281lj.ma1563957281@adan1563957281aC.sr1563957281eeraC1563957281 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.