Member type: Candidate Member
Employment type: Term Full Time
Salary range: Negotiable
Closing Date: 2021/12/31
Contact Name: Jordan Gillespie
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 203 - 225 Carelton Drive
Contact City: St. Albert
Contact Province: Alberta
Contact Postal Code: T8N 4J9
HarrisonBowker is is full service real estate appraisal firm that operates throughout Alberta. We are seeking a full-time commercial real estate appraiser to work closely with the appraisers in our St. Albert office.
For the first year the successful candidate would work as an assistant to the current appraisers, and would be trained to be a commercial real estate appraiser. They will learn every part of the appraisal industry and how to generate an appraisal report. They would also be required to take coursed through the UBC school of business to get on the path of getting the AACI credentials.
HarrisonBowker appraises income generating properties (retail, multi-family, etc.), industrial properties, development land, etc. For those interested in real estate, appraising is a great foundation to build from. Several of our former employees have gone onto success career paths such as investment firms and municipalities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business degree an asset.
- Real estate experience an asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Adept in the English language, both verbal and written. Higher education in English, journalism, and/or writing is considered an asset.
- Quick learner, self-sufficient, and hard-working.
- Computer literacy in: MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Advanced understanding of the MS Suite (macros, form creation, etc.) and experience in specialized software (CAD, Adobe Standard, etc) may be considered an asset.
- Base understanding of the real estate and/or legal sectors considered an asset but not a requirement.