Appraisal Institute of Canada
(Candidate) Real Estate Appraisal Analyst – Seniors Housing and Hospitality - Ontario
Permanent Full Time | Contact Name: Altus Group Limited | Closing Date: 07-16-2022
Permanent Full Time
Altus Group Limited
We are looking for a Real Estate Appraisal Analyst. You will gradually build your experience and skills in the Seniors Housing and Hospitality sectors with assignments ranging from real property valuation, feasibility analysis, market research and advisory engagements within a national context, including working on single assets and large portfolios. This is an exciting entry-level position and the first step on your path to a Consultant role in commercial real estate valuation and appraisal. You will play a critical supportive role, analyzing financial models to assist with valuations, interacting with clients onsite or remotely, updating and automating existing templates, conducting research and gathering data, and assisting with report writing.
What's in it for you
Exposure, mentorship, and career growth. This is a chance to be part of a recognized organization that works on an exciting range of real estate property projects across the country. You will be mentored by multiple senior team members, gaining exposure as you contribute to internal projects that will have a positive external impact. You will expand and apply your knowledge to become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada, completing a minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year.
What you will do:
- Prepare accurate analysis. You will use the latest market information (market rates, comparable transactions, etc.) from internal and expert sources to work on portions of appraisal reports, including data gathering and analysis.
- Conduct research. You will call various market participants (e.g., brokers, developers, municipalities, city planners, etc. to conduct surveys and gather information. You will ensure that data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
- Perform site inspections. You will, in partnership with the Sr. Analyst, Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate Director, Director, or Sr. Director, perform site inspections.
You will have:
- Learn. You will continuously upgrade your level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends and work towards your AAIC.
- The education and experience. You have a university degree and you may have gained business experience through a co-op or internship. You are looking to jump start your career in Real Estate.
- The technical skills. You have strengths in research and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and you have basic skills in creating financial models. You are proficient in MS Excel, and you can learn new tools and teach others how to use the latest technology.
- The interpersonal skills. You have flexible and effective communication skills, take direction well, and can build relationships. You are a team player who can function autonomously and fit in at both the client site and your home base.
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=S0FDZW5hYy4yMTg1MC4xMDMzM0BhbHR1c2dyb3VwLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
- The drive. You can take the initiative and be resourceful, operating with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics. You are available to work flexible hours and travel locally for inspections in your own vehicle when it is safe to do so.