Appraisal Institute of Canada
(Candidates) Analyst, Commercial Real Estate - British Columbia
Permanent Full Time | Closing Date: 06-15-2022
Permanent Full Time
Website: View Website
|Altus Group is a global leader of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services for the Commercial Real Estate industry. Our multi-disciplined team is driving change by providing innovative solutions and expert advice to empower our clients to make informed business decisions and drive strategic growth.
We take great pride in our team and we continuously strive for continuous innovation and improvement. By joining us, you will be working alongside some of the industry’s leading professionals within our industry.
If you are a motivated individual who wants to develop their skills and career opportunities within the ever-evolving industry of real estate and an exceptional company, read on!
We are seeking a Commercial Real Estate Analyst to join and support the success of our Property Assessment Consulting team. Within this role you will gather data to identify trends in the Re al Estate market, discovering assessment opportunities, and establish and support arguments for winning tribunal cases for our clients. This position will be primarily in-office; with a hybrid work model including flexible hours and work from home options.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you are highly self-motivated and are looking for an opportunity to continue to develop your skills and grow your business knowledge. You enjoy reviewing data and gathering details, problem-solving, and applying and presenting your findings. You’re an excellent communicator, have the ability to build relationships and enjoy supporting your team and striving to reach team goals.
Eligible candidates must bring the following
- Ensure, in a proactive manner, that all data necessary to provide assessment consulting services is obtained and organized in a timely matter
- Assist in the preparation of analysis of project tracking reports, using standard software such as Excel, Word, Adobe or other appropriate software
- Conduct research and collect data from both internal databases and third party sources with respect to market rental dates, comparable building transactions, comparable assessment data and general market knowledge
- Ensure data collected as part of an on-going assignment is entered accurately
- Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and taxation practices and procedures
- Work cooperatively with team members across the organization
- Provide input and assistance with the developments and implementation of best practices across the business unit
- Develop internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing
Strong candidates will also bring one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years work experience in a similar analytical/data oriented position
- Demonstrated research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation
- Software-savvy; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Self-motivation and positive attitude and the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- A strong attention to detail, with a focus on a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent time-management skills, the ability to prioritize and demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently
WHY WORK HERE?
- University studies in Real Estate, Commerce, Economics, Urban Planning, Law or History
- Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
- Experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation/assessment and/or property assessment analysis
Apply immediately, as we will be interviewing shortly!
- Launch/Develop your skills, knowledge and professional career within a highly engaged team and benefit from support of an international and reputable company
- Earn a competitive salary and plus bonus and benefits