Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Province: New Brunswick
Closing Date: 2019/08/05
Contact Name:: Altus Group Limited
Website: View Website
Contact Email: email@example.com
Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of a Commercial Real Estate Tax Analyst based out of our Moncton, New Brunswick office to join our Property Tax division. The Tax Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of property assessment, tax, rental and operating data, as directed, which is to be used in the provision of property assessment and tax consulting services.
* Ensure in a proactive manner that all necessary property data for client properties needed to provide assessment and tax consulting services is obtained and organized in a timely matter. Extensive senior co-worker review is anticipated.
* Assist in the preparation of analysis or project tracking reports using standard software such as Excel, Word, Access, Altus Tools or other appropriate software. Extensive senior co-worker review is anticipated.
* Conduct research and collect data from both internal databases and third party sources with respect to market rental dates, comparable building transactions, comparable assessment data and general market knowledge.
* Ensure data collected as part of an on-going assignment is entered accurately.
* Continuously upgrade the level of knowledge regarding property assessment and taxation practices and procedures.
* Work cooperatively with team members across the organization.
* Provide input and assistance with the developments and implementation of best practices across the business unit.
* Develop internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing.
* University Bachelor's degree in business, math, finance or economics; or related experience in property tax
* Experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation/assessment and/or property tax analysis is an asset
* Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation
* Ability to meet tight deadlines
* Basic research, quantitative and analytical skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to work in a team and independently
* Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) is considered an asset