Appraisal Institute of Canada
Cost Consultant – Halifax - Nova Scotia
Permanent Full Time | Contact Name: Altus Group Limited | Closing Date: 06-19-2022
Permanent Full Time
Altus Group Limited
|Cost Consultant, Cost Estimating/Monitoring
Are you looking for a change and want to become part of an organization that is client service oriented and recognized as a leader within the industry? As we continue to expand our team, Altus Group is currently looking for a Cost Consultant to join our Cost & Project Management division, based out of our Halifax, NS office. You will work closely with the Atlantic extended team, where you will have the chance to incorporate your skills in estimating and project monitoring and utilize your passion for both design and numbers simultaneously. This hybrid position will be remote based working within the Maritime region, with the expectation that on-site visits will be completed as required.
Who You Are. You are a detail-oriented Cost Estimator of Quantity Surveyor who understand architectural, structural, civil, financial, and bu siness needs. You thrive in a role of a bridge between client and service provider, requirements, and deliverables.
What’s in it for you. The Consultant will be responsible for aiding senior staff with professional high-quality cost consulting services which allow for accurate and timely delivery of estimates for various construction sectors and project management/monitoring ensuring an incredible value proposition to our clients.
Exposure and career growth. This opportunity will allow you to expand your knowledge, be mentored, and gain exposure as part of a multi-service company, where you will work closely with the Cost and Project Management team, and other business groups, and continue to have the opportunity to expand your reach and grow with us.
As a Cost Consultant, you will have the following:
- Prepare estimates at various stages, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage within designated timeframes
- Prepare reports to support cost estimates
- Review contract documentation
- Change order review analysis
- Undertake site visits for processing contractor monthly progress drawdown claims
- Reconciliation of costs for monitoring reports
- Conduct research and price checking of items in the market to support project and cost data cost information
Hands on industry experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Architectural Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Architecture, Building Science, Construction, Quantity Surveying or experience in a related field
- Working towards PQS, MRICS and/or Cost Engineers designation
- 3 years of industry related experience in estimating/cost consulting
- Hands on construction industry experience
- You have a strong knowledge of CIQS standard method of measurement, both elemental and trade format estimates, provincial lien acts, and CCDC standard contract conditions
- Highly proficient using Measurement Software, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ideally, you have experience with CostX.
The results-oriented focus:
- You have a great ability to build and foster relationships with both internal stakeholders and clients across all levels, both onsite and virtually/electronically
- You are an excellent communicator who can clarify ambiguities and present information in a clear and concise manner
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TWFyaWEuU2lrYWwuNTQ4MTEuMTAzMzNAYWx0dXNncm91cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- You are able to take initiative, remain self-motivated, result-oriented focus and appreciation for cross-team collaboration for excellent client service execution
- You conceptualize innovative solutions to keep the project, and the business, continually moving forward