Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $85,000 - 99,000
Closing Date: 2023/03/31
Contact Name: HR Administrator - Consulting Services
Website: View Website
Contact Address: PO Box 5008
Contact City: Red Deer
Contact Province: Alberta
Contact Postal Code: T4N 3T4
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for the right person to fill the Permanent Full-time position of Property Assessor 3 – Non-Residential in our Revenue & Assessment Services Department.
This position provides assessment expertise and analysis in the valuation of non-residential property types. Understanding and experience with system integrations and ability to collect complex data and apply statistical measures and analysis in completion of assessment valuations. Interpretation and application of relevant provincial legislation, communicating and defending assessment information successfully, and to apply assessment knowledge to inform other City functions and projects.
Ideally to fill this role, you will have a two-year post-secondary diploma in property assessment or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution plus a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in valuation including developed analytical skills.
In addition, you will have:
- In process of, or ability to enter process of acquiring a professional designation – Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta (AMAA), Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Canadian Residential Appraiser (CRA) , Residential Evaluation Specialist (RES) or Certified Assessment Evaluator (CAE).
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and use of personal vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and demonstrate sound judgement
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in conflict situations, positive attitude, willingness to work constructively in team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation at the professional level, including continual learning
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, case law, procedures and principles governing property assessment
- Demonstrated self-directed experience with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to time manage and work efficiently
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Meet tight, multiple overlapping deadlines
- Manage multiple and competing priorities effectively
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive hourly rate of $43.04 to $45.31 and an excellent benefit package; we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever-growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For a detailed job description and to apply online, please visit www.reddeer.ca/careers