Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2019/02/22
Contact Name:: Sonia Fontana
Website: View Website
Contact Email: ac.ca1550528993pm@sr1550528993eerac1550528993
You are a strategic leader who has proven success in motivating teams, building partnerships and delivering exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders. You have political acuity with 10 years experience in the municipal sector or property valuation industry and a strong knowledge of Ontario’s property assessment and taxation landscape. You are an excellent communicator and a great listener. If this is you, joining MPAC is the right career choice.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a Director, Municipal and Stakeholder Relations who will be accountable for continuing to build and strengthen municipal and stakeholder relationships across the province. As a member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the Vice-President Valuation and Customer Relations, you will develop and execute strategies and programs that are aligned with MPAC’s corporate and operational objectives and stakeholder needs. You will lead Regional Managers and their support teams in the execution of strategic initiatives that ensure the delivery of outstanding service and earn the trust of municipal and provincial stakeholders.
· Develop and implement strategic objectives to promote, support and grow the Corporation's partnerships with municipal and stakeholder clients throughout the Province of Ontario.
· Identify, develop and effectively manage partnerships and collaborative opportunities with stakeholders to ensure alignment with industry direction and best practices, and within MPAC to ensure the delivery of excellent service.
· Lead the stakeholder relations team in the development and effective execution of strategies that enhance relationships, internally and externally.
· Oversee strategic initiatives to ensure municipalities and stakeholders receive value-for-money and the delivery of better and more cost-effective products and services.
· Provide leadership, direction and supervision on MPAC’s legislated people related initiatives (municipal enumeration, school support and juror lists), including working with stakeholders to creatively and cost-effectively improve the quality of our data and products.
· Monitor and conduct portfolio analysis, including surveys, to gain insights and intelligence about stakeholders to help advance partnerships and collaborations.
· Design, coordinate and deliver strategic education and marketing programs to strengthen MPAC’s relationship with municipalities and stakeholders, and enhance brand reputation.
· Create and support a positive environment of excellence in service, quality and people leadership, collaborative and shared learning and continuous employee development.
· Define future talent requirements and support staffing initiatives across the Corporation; Develop and execute business and financial plans for the Department; coordinate business plan information as input to the annual corporate strategic planning process.
· Completion of post-secondary education (university degree or college diploma) in accounting, public administration or a related field;
· Minimum 10 years experience in the municipal sector or property valuation with a minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership capacity;
· Exceptional client service focus, verbal and written communications skills;
· Strong interpersonal and relationship skills to build client partnerships and to motivate and develop Regional Managers and their support teams;
· Ability to influence and persuade others through negotiation;
· High level strategic planning and problem solving skills; and
· In depth knowledge of the political context for Ontario – provincially, municipally and of related associations and groups.
LOCATION: To be determined upon close of competition
TO APPLY: Please go to our Career Opportunities page on our website at www.mpac.ca/AboutMPAC/Careers. Please use the Applicant Tracking System to create your Candidate Profile, upload your Resume and Cover Letter and apply to the posting by February 22, 2019. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
While MPAC thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent MPAC employees may be required to undergo a criminal and drivers abstract check. By applying to this job posting, you are also providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz Global Screening (Mintz), a third party service contracted by MPAC, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.