Member type: Any
Contact Name: Shanice Niles-Delahaye
Website: View Website
You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Avison Young is currently seeking a Director & Practice Leader to manage and grow our Vancouver and British Columbia Valuation & Advisory Services operations who will report directly to the Executive Vice President & Canadian Leader for Valuation & Advisory Services. Preferred candidates have experience with managing teams, recruiting designated appraisers, training and growing our associates, and possess excellent leadership skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong business acumen and be able to lead and manage with expertise and credibility. The candidate should participate in and expect frequent communication and engagement with others. The successful candidate will be people-oriented and have significant experience working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds. They must possess the ability to be detailed oriented and function at a high-energy level. Working alongside our market leaders, you will build relationships with clients, develop growth opportunities, and use the Company’s advanced internal and external technology platforms to drive efficiencies.
- Lead the growth and development of the Vancouver and British Columbia Valuation & Advisory Services business, leveraging existing relationships and pursuing new opportunities to drive revenue and market share.
- Identifies and engages targeted companies, recruits, and hires high-performing Appraisers and Staff for employment or acquisition and maximizes retention.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to ensure high-quality service delivery, technical excellence, and professional development.
- Understands financial systems and applies this acumen by investing time and effort to effectively achieve revenue & EBITDA targets.
- Accountable for Vancouver business budgeting process and associated responsibilities.
- Develops, manages, inspires, coaches, mentors, and supports Appraisers and Staff to achieve team, cultural, operational, and revenue goals. Shows high emotional intelligence and creativity, solving people & deal transaction issues in a timely manner. Provide technical guidance and support to the valuation team, ensuring that all valuations are completed in accordance with industry best practices and standards
- Is a credible “expert among experts” and has a positive reputation in the market and within the organization. Must stay engaged, visible, competent, fair, people-savvy, influential, and persuasive to advance the business, culture and standing of Avison Young.
- Independently prepare and sign off on appraisal reports to clients.
- Develop, and be responsible for Client relationship management on an ongoing basis.
- Work with market leaders to develop new business opportunities and prepare presentations for clients.
- Assist with development and deployment of AY’s technology platforms.
- Engage with applicable industry associations for professional and business development opportunities, regularly attend professional services meetings and applicable training session and take such courses as recommended from time to time.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments, and proactively bring new ideas and solutions to the business.
- Travel as the reasonable needs of the Company require.
- Assume such other reasonable duties as the Company, President, Canadian Leader, or designate from time to time may require.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Education – Minimum of a 4-year university degree in a relevant functional area including Bachelor of Commerce or MBA or similar, etc.
- Experience – 7+ years of related work experience. Experience managing people and teams is an asset.
- AACI Designation, in good standing with the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the market, appraisal process and commercial real estate industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to write reports, effective oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for continuous learning.
- Ability to self-motivate and effectively manage competing priorities while providing excellent support to clients with an uncompromised high caliber work product.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide leadership at all levels to ensure Valuation and Advisory team goals are achieved.
- This job requires a person who is driven by using past experiences and intuition and seeks specific knowledge when necessary.
- Effectively and tactfully handling difficult or sensitive issues.
- Ability to maintain confidential and professional manner.
- Respect the confidentiality of clients and information.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!