Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $60,000 - 69,000
Closing Date: 2019/07/24
Contact Name:: Region of Peel
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Contact Email: ac.no1563956995igerl1563956995eep@n1563956995oitis1563956995iuqca1563956995tnela1563956995trh-g1563956995zz1563956995
Junior Capital Acquisitions Agent Real
Property Asset Management
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Acquisitions the position provides technical, appraisal and negotiating assistance to the Capital Acquisitions Agents, Program Manager and the Manager of Capital Acquisitions relating to capital acquisition services including expropriation proceedings.
- Analyze appraisal reports completed for various interests in real property either for negotiations or expropriation proceedings
- Draft, review, interpret and analyze technical and legal agreements
- Provide answers to questions relating to capital projects or acquisitions either during a public meeting or during negotiations with the Owner or the Owner’s representative
- Complete small/informal appraisals
- Conduct comprehensive property research
- Conduct comparable sales investigation/confirmation
- Review and interpret legal Title Searches
- Use technical and professional skills to investigate problems and explore alternative solutions
- Draft and review Council reports, real estate legal documentation
- Reference plans, appraisal reports and compose correspondence for owners/lawyers/outside consultants
- Meet with land owners to negotiate land acquisitions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (i.e. Geography, Urban Planning, Urban Affairs and Real Estate).
- A minimum of three years of relevant real estate experience
- Must be working towards his/her AACI/CRA designation with the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or IRWA designation with the International Right of Way Association.
- Requires good understanding of a specialized discipline or field in real estate, legal, municipal and engineering concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-project environment and prioritize work effectively
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- General understanding of expropriation proceedings according to applicable legislation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong and significant public relations and both written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills – MS Word, Excel, and Access applications
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at careers-peelregion.icims.com by July 24, 2019.