Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $85,000 - 99,000
Closing Date: 2020/02/01
Contact Name: Yvonne Whyte
Website: View Website
Contact Email: [email protected]
Manager, Real Property Appraisal -KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
We have a strong Real Estate Advisory and Appraisal team that undertakes valuation assignments on all types of assets across the Country. In addition to this, we complete real estate portfolio reviews for both National and Global groups.
We are seeking a Real Estate Appraiser who can provide property valuation and general real estate expertise and who can undertake complex property valuations for such purposes as parkland dedication, expropriation, arbitration, litigation, and portfolio review. Someone who can provide market analysis advice with respect to purchase, sale, and leasing opportunities. This experienced person would supervise Candidate Members in the preparation of valuations and in report writing.
Our professionals provide valuation services to public and private companies ranging from large multi-national companies operating to owner operated businesses in a broad range of industries. Our professionals combine their knowledge of relevant valuation standards with their technical understanding across a wide range of sectors to quickly understand the nature of each property, and identify key factors impacting the value of the asset being appraised.
At KPMG we continually strive to be a great place to work. We value a positive, inclusive and collaborative team culture that encourages diversity of thought and provides opportunities for our people to develop and grow.
Overview of the opportunity:
As a Manager, Real Property Appraisal in our Valuations Appraisal practice, you will apply your 5+ plus years of experience in real property appraisal, consulting, and development of the real property valuation service offering, assisting clients across the country and in some instances globally. In this role, you will also apply your experience to assist in real property valuation opinions and real property valuation reviews. You will achieve the experience of complex assignments, supervision and mentorship of candidate members, and the ability to grow your career to Senior Management and beyond.
What you will do:
- Undertake the valuation of various types of real estate properties for a variety of functions such as parkland dedication, expropriation, arbitration, portfolio review, and litigation purposes
- Complete valuations of industrial properties, retail centres, office buildings, infrastructure, hotels, real estate investment portfolios, and special-use properties
- Support the KPMG Advisory, Audit and Tax practices in connection with various valuation needs
- Gather and analyze data relating to the property being appraised
- Gather, analyze and maintain internal database of market data from internal and third party sources
- Perform site inspections to view the property and gather additional information relevant to the valuation
- Build and review valuation models, analysis and appraiser reports
- Think creatively to find solutions to unusual valuation circumstances and consult with professionals from KPMG’s global network as needed.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role:
- AACI designation with 5+ years of relevant work experience in Real Property Valuations and Advisory Consulting as an AACI
- Valid membership in the AIC and current E & O insurance
- Proficiency working with Argus Enterprise
- Exceptional clear communication and writing skills
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail and an ability to solve complex technical problems
- Proficiency working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License
Willing and able to travel both within Canada and internationally as required.
Keys to your success
- Ability to build effective working relationships internally and externally
- Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail.
- A team-oriented attitude with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to manage multiple assignments concurrently and competing priorities.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
Auto req ID: 27285BR
Job Function: Advisory
Service Line: Advisory Centre
Industry: Not Applicable