Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2020/02/28
Contact Name: Sheliza
Contact Address: 1200 - 585-8th Avenue SW
Contact Email: [email protected]
Practice Lead of Valuation
Calgary - Downtown
Our small Canadian-born business was founded in 1978 and has become a global organisation that now spans 120 locations across 20 countries. Our expansion has been rapid, but what matters most is the common belief that drives all 5,000 of our people to be a different type of real estate organisation. We believe that the places in which we live, work and play have the power to make us happier and healthier, and we are united by a shared sense of purpose, to have a positive impact on people’s lives. In short, we are a global commercial real estate advisory firm with a simple aim: for real estate to play a leading role in creating vibrant buildings, cities and places that deliver long-lasting social value and economic impact.
Why Work for Us:
We believe that our industry is changing, and we want our business to be a melting pot of curious minds, passionate hearts and strategic intelligence. Your gender, religion and race are all highly respected, but are less important to us than your ability to step up and change the game. We provide you with a place where you can do just that, with like-minded people. Collaboration is embedded in the way we work – our people have the autonomy to collaborate on client relationships, engage teams across the business, lead operations, work collectively on projects, participate in strategy and are ultimately responsible for our growth. Our distinctive Principal-led, privately-owned model puts us in the enviable position of being able to offer every employee the opportunity to own a share of our business, and inspires and allows anyone to become a Principal. This role carries voting rights so our people have a very real say in the future direction and operation of our business. This means that we are able to attract, engage and retain the best talent from the industry.
- Lead the Valuation business including: day-to day tasks, projects, growth and development.
- Manage and develop a team of 10 appraisers
- Strong understanding of appraisal consultancy in all commercial asset classes
- Provide feedback, review and co-sign all completed appraisals
- Provide recommendations based on risk and circumstance
- Lead a range of projects to expand the Valuation business
- Manage and grow relationships with new and existing clients
- Complete day-to-day tasks to maintain the business
- Ensure the business is meeting or exceeding company and industry compliance measures
- AACI designation and RECA licensed is required
- 10+ years of work experience in real estate valuations and advisory consulting
- Strong understanding of property value in Calgary
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficiency in Argus is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong ability to solve complex technical problems
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
· Some travel may be required
· Ability to work beyond normal business hours
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY by email at [email protected]