Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $70,000 - 84,000
Closing Date: 2019/06/26
Website: View Website
Contact Email: ac.yr1561407275aglac1561407275@ppab1561407275oj1561407275
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Leader, Technology Services, this position is responsible for leading the delivery of projects within the Assessment business unit. Project Managers have both a strategic and tactical role within Assessment. They will bring extensive knowledge to strategic planning involving Senior Managers and Leaders. Project Managers will lead the implementation of all projects in Assessment; overseeing the work of internal teams, contractors and consultants, liaising with staff across all levels of the organization. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent leadership skills who fosters an atmosphere of success, collaboration and innovation. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the full project life cycle from initiation to project close which includes clear outcomes for each phase with a strong focus on communication, engagement, change management and training activities.
- Provide project manager coaching and mentoring to the project team, sponsors, business leads, and subject matter experts.
- Work closely with internal resources to ensure alignment and support for expected outcomes.
- Investigate, determine the root cause of problems, and provide solutions in a timely and forthright manner.
- Build relationships and communicate with a broad spectrum of internal and external stakeholders.
- Report to multiple corporate committees.
- A completed 2 year diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 7 years of related experience as a project manager; OR
- A degree in the above listed (or related) disciplines, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience as a project manager.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- A certificate in Project Management or certification from the Project Management Institution (PMI) will be considered assets.
- Success in this position requires you to demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills in order to meet challenging deadlines.
- You will have excellent communication skills to prepare and present to a variety of audiences; well-developed consulting, consensus building and facilitation skills, business analysis/project management expertise.
- Flexible approaches to problem solving, with an ability to lead teams and to work concurrently with multiple stakeholders.
Apply online at www.calgary.ca/careers