Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2020/01/27
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 1340 Pickering Parkway
Do you want to be part of a team helping to strengthen every community across Ontario? Are you interested in seeing the importance of your work firsthand? Do you enjoy a varied workweek with time spent both in the office and out in the community?
Become a Property Valuation Analyst
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is made up of a team of experts who understand local communities and assess every property in Ontario. What we do provides the very foundation that municipalities use to base the property taxes needed to pay for the services we use every day. Learn more >
Here’s what you will do as part of the team:
· Value assigned properties, review and adjust property values;
· Research, compile and verify relevant information including conducting local market research, reviewing published sales and property information (e.g., Teranet), completing sales investigations, and on-site property inspections;
· Investigate and resolve taxpayer concerns regarding property assessment;
· Represent MPAC before the Assessment Review Board and other courts and administrative tribunals, including preparation and presentation of evidence and submissions;
· Provide training, coaching and mentoring on MPAC’s data requirements and related applications; and
· Assign work to Property Inspectors in operational unit, confirming priorities to ensure customer service level agreements and data quality standards are met.
Here’s what you will need to succeed:
· 3 years’ experience in the specific valuation discipline;
· Demonstrated field experience in data collection and sales investigation;
· Knowledge of property assessment terminology, MPAC valuation policies and procedures, and property assessment legislation (Assessment Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act); and
· Strong customer service skills to effectively resolve client inquiries and disputes.
Nice to have:
· A certification (or working towards one) with the IMA, AIC, IAAO or RICS or similar industry association; and
· A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as Real Property Valuation, Geography, Urban Studies, Economics, Commerce, Architecture, Construction, Civil Engineering etc.
What’s in it for you:
· Competitive compensation
· Great corporate culture
· Flexible work
· Opportunity for growth
· Strong focus on learning, professional accreditation and mentorship
· Leading edge technology
Full time MPAC employees also enjoy: competitive benefits package, defined benefits pension plan, three weeks’ vacation to start, parental leave top-up and more.
Posting number: MPAC-023-20
Number of positions: 1
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment type: Full-Time
Department: Valuation and Customer Relations
Position level and salary: (PA4) $66,580
Area of Search: Open
Ready to apply?
Click on this link followed by “Apply Online” icon once within the posting. Create your candidate profile and upload your resume and cover letter by January 27, 2020. Please note, only applications submitted through the Applicant Tracking System will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background verification with Mintz Global Screening. By applying to this job posting, you are providing your consent to MPAC to share your name, email address and phone number with Mintz, to conduct the criminal and driver abstract check and for Mintz to disclose the results to MPAC, should you be the successful incumbent.
MPAC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflect the diversity of the public and communities we serve.
Persons with disability who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may email their request to
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be posted in both English and French on our website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are only posted in English on the English version of our website.
MPAC on LinkedIn
MPAC on Twitter
MPAC on YouTube