Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 2021-04-25
Website: View Website
Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Real Estate Manager
$76,200.06 - $ 107,800.00 annually
The Real Property Division, within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, provides everything needed to manage the Province’s real estate portfolio, office space, furniture and special-purpose facilities. The Asset Management Branch provides stewardship for public sector real property assets and manages and maintains an optimal mix of properties to cost-effectively support the current and long-term program needs of clients.
The Real Estate Manager represents the owner/investor role in the delivery of strategic advisory services to ministry clients and broader public sector customers, applying portfolio management, asset management, and real estate expertise to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the provincial government’s inventory of real property. The position manages the physical, functional and financial performance of an assigned portfolio of properties. The Real Estate Manager provides stewardship for an inventory of owned properties to cost-effectively support the current and long-term program needs of clients and develops and manages the implementation of stewardship strategies that maximize the utility and financial performance of individual owned assets relative to established objectives.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
· Post-secondary degree in Urban Land Economics, Building Technology, Urban Planning, or Business or Public Administration; a professional real estate designation may be preferred (i.e., AACI, CCIM, CPM, RPA, FRI, RI(BC)); or PMP certification. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
· 5 years or more Senior management experience in the asset or portfolio management industry.
· Experience analysing complex real estate transactions, investments, asset appraisal and valuations, program management and operational performance.
· Experience and competency in a range of real estate-related functions, including asset management, portfolio management, property management, sales, acquisitions, leasing, urban planning, and development planning.
· Experiencing producing high quality documents, public facing documents, business case materials, reports and various other written materials as required. This will include briefing notes for Ministry and Government executives, Treasury Board Submissions, Cabinet Submissions, etc.
· Experience and competency in leading people and managing cross-functional activities. Includes proven experience establishing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with diverse individuals and groups, influencing, negotiating and motivating as required to achieve desired outcomes.
For more information and to apply online by April 25, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/75667