Member type: CRA Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: Negotiable
Closing Date: 2024/03/31
Contact Name: Karen Bisson
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 80 Micro Court
Contact City: Markham
Contact Province: Ontario
Contact Postal Code: L3R 9Z5
The Nationwide Group (TNG) is a pioneer in designing and developing outsourced financial services software, exclusively focused on creating comprehensive and customizable solutions to the real estate industry. Utilizing world class technology, TNG delivers solutions to the entire mortgage life cycle through its affiliated organizations. The Nationwide Group benefits from a broad product suite, infrastructure and industry expertise and has transformed the home purchase, sale, mortgage and refinance process for consumers, lenders, realtors and mortgage brokers.
The Review Appraiser will get first-hand experience in the Appraisal Review process, working directly with major lenders; monitoring and reporting on appraisal review metrics and deliverables. This role will work in collaboration with all TNG departs to ensure a timely and accurate appraisal review process. Acting as a liaison between the client and appraiser network this individual will be responsible for key relationships in the industry including the international governing appraisal bodies, lender risk departments and appraisal companies. The Reviewer is responsible for the monitoring training of new appraisers in the marketplace to ensure the best possible quality. The Reviewer will be tasked with developing new training and mentorship programs for appraisers at TNG. The Reviewer will also be responsible for the quality of appraisals and oversee the Appraisal Review team at TNG.
- Provides quality assurance and control over appraisals through manual review
- Acts as a liaison between clients and the appraisal review team at the executive level
- Prioritize appraisal review requests and coordinate the delivery (electronically) of all reviews or summary reports to clients in a timely manner. Following all privacy and confidentially practices and procedures.
- Initiate preliminary appraisal report reviews to verify accuracy and completion.
- Assist in the review of new registrants for TNG
- Responds to client head offices requests, answer any questions surrounding the review process and produce ad-hoc reporting on review reports.
- Conducts market analysis (price and performance) to help make the best decisions surrounding property valuation.
- Operate as a subject matter expert for operational, development or other internal initiatives
- Operate as subject matter expert for client and appraiser quality conversations
- Act as technical advisor on the valuation of complex properties.
- Monitor, Analyze, and report on all appraisal review actives as requested.
- Conduct various compliance activities to maintain the Company’s affiliated appraisers in each region current on their required license, certificates, etc.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of property valuation; incorporate new developments as appropriate.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for appraisal staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, within departmental policy, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Promote appraisal method and theory conformity among staff through research, training and day-to-day quality control.
- Other duties as required
- Membership and designation in an appraisal body (AIC, CNAREA) is required
- 3+ Years experience in Appraisal, Appraisal Review or Underwriting
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as: Professional Appraisal and Mortgage courses, or RPA/RPAA programs considered an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, client-focused with a commitment to excellence.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Detailed and highly organized. Data analysis skills/experience will be beneficial
- Experience in the Real estate, mortgage or lending industry considered an asset.
- Strong ability to problem solve, prioritize and multitask. Able to think outside the box, and see situations from a variety of perspective
- Able to manage sensitive information and situations with discretion and tact
- Fully Bilingual (English, French is considered an asset.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and covering letter, referencing “Senior Review Appraiser” in their subject line to our site at .