The Opportunity!Altus Group is currently looking for a Sr Analyst, Appraisal (Advisory) to join our Research, Valuation, and Advisory group in our Calgary office.
What’s in it for you.
In this position, the Sr Analyst, Appraisal will work within a dynamic team continuing to gain experience (but not limited to) valuation of all property types, appraisal methods, building inspections, and data analysis.
The Sr Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of industrial to commercial real estate data, which is to be used for property assessment and valuation consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research and consulting support for key assignments.
What you will do.
- Preparing accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners.
- Developing cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software such as Argus Enterprise or other appropriate software,
- Conducting research and collecting data from both internal database and third-party sources with respect to market rental rates, comparable building and land transactions and general market knowledge.
- Ensuring data collected as part of on‐going assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
- In partnership with the Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate Director, Director, or Sr. Director, performing building inspections.
- Continuously upgrading the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends
- Accurately completing time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non-billable time and recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
- Becoming a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status by completing requirements outline by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year.
- Continue professional development and remain on track to achieving the designation Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
Our new Sr, Advisory (Real Estate Valuation) will have:
- University or college degree, preferably Bachelor’s in Commerce, Finance or Real Estate
- 1+ years related work experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation & advisory consulting
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
- Knowledge in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, etc.)
- Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Availability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel throughout Calgary as required
|Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Q2hyaXN0aW5hVnUuMTg2MjEuMTAzMzNAYWx0dXNncm91cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20