Member type: Candidate Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 05-30-2019
Contact Name:: Altus Group Limited
Contact Email: email@example.com
Altus Group is currently seeking a candidate in the position of a Senior Analyst based out of our Ottawa, Ontario office to join our Research, Valuation, and Advisory division. The Senior Analyst will work within a dynamic team gaining experience in (but not limited to) land valuation, appraisal methods, building inspections, and data analysis.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of industrial to commercial real estate data, which is to be used for property assessment and valuation consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research and consulting support for key assignments.
* Preparing accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners. Extensive senior co‐worker review is anticipated.
* Developing cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software such as Argus Enterprise or other appropriate software
* Conducting research and collecting data from both internal database and third party sources with respect to market rental rates, comparable building and land transactions and general market knowledge.
* Ensuring data collected as part of on‐going assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
* In partnership with the Sr. Analyst, Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate Director, Director, or Sr. Director, performing building inspections.
* Continuously upgrading the level of knowledge regarding market and industry trends
* Accurately completing time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non-billable time and recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
* Becoming a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status by completing requirements outline by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year.
* University or college degree, preferably Bachelor in Commerce, Real Estate, Economics, Finance or Urban Planning
* 1 – 2 years related work experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation & advisory consulting
* Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
* Valid Driver’s license is required
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
* Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, etc.)
* Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills
* Ability to work in a team and independently
* Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
* Ability to take initiative and be resourcefulness
* Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
* Availability to work flexible hours
* Ability to travel (limited travel required, overnight travel is possible)
* Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) designation is considered an asset