Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Province: British Columbia
Closing Date: 2019/12/30
Contact Name:: Translink
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 400-287 Nelson’s Court
Contact Email: ac.kn1563957012ilsna1563957012rt@sb1563957012oj1563957012
TL Property Management Agent (20170850) Full-Time Regular
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
The TL Property Management Agent provides senior specialist support to Real Estate Operations by managing an assigned real estate portfolio, including negotiating, enforcing and administering contractual agreements, and related property & facilities management activities.
- Manages an assigned real estate rights portfolio representing TransLink’s interests as grantor or grantee, including managing contractual relationships; conducting site inspections; monitoring rights of way and resolving issues or disputes with owners/tenants and identifying and mitigating risks regarding portfolio.
- Negotiates and prepares leases/licenses/statutory rights of way (SRW’s) with individuals, companies, other government agencies and lawyers regarding properties owned and/or controlled legally by TransLink.
- Collects and processes rental income and institutes collection procedures where necessary.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for management of assigned portfolio and works to resolve issues of non-compliance with counterparties, escalating issues as required.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive records of all TransLink property interests (owned, leased, licensed, rights of way) and of corporation owned properties that are leased to others, including capital asset ledgers and lease sub ledgers.
- Provides specialized property management advice to contractors, professional consultants, management and real estate and legal staff.
- Develops relationships with peers in other agencies and organizations to share information and best practices, utilizing information to recommend and implement improvements in internal policies and procedures.
- Conducts research and analysis regarding uses of land and rights related to various projects and proposals; researches property records; investigates property rights with respect to claims; prepares reports, supporting data and recommendations regarding disputes, claims, obligations etc. arising from TransLink contracts, leases and agreements, which are used by management, executive and the TL Board; follows up to implement approved recommendations
- Prepares comprehensive annual budgets and longer term forecasts for property taxes on all properties, and all leased, licensed non-owned properties.
- Appeals property taxes as appropriate.
- Obtains title searches from Land Title Office to ascertain property ownership, encumbrances, registered values, easements, etc.
- Makes enquiries relating to Crown-owned land with various ministries.
- Obtains information from city and municipal offices concerning zoning and anticipated changes in land use.
- Participates in facilities management as assigned, including administration of facilities plan, and arranging with suppliers to maintain, repair and/or upgrade building and land.
- Resolves issues with suppliers and facilities and maintenance plans.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position are typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Urban Land, plus 5 years previous experience in dealing in land/property rights and statutory rights of way; and exposure to municipal and provincial procedures, protocols and documentation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, and processes used in real estate and property management.
- Solid knowledge of leasing, right of way management, property and task management, land economics, right of way and interest valuation, real estate valuation, land title and rights registry, legal survey fundamentals, legislative frameworks, statutes and acts (including Expropriation Act).
- Industry-related certification is preferred (e.g. IRWA, AACI, or REIBC).
- Solid written and oral communications skills.
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, including negotiations and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid business acumen.
How to Apply
Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Sapperton, New Westminster
Number of Availabilities: 1
Salary Range: $74,733 to $93,416 per annum
TransLink is committed to employment equity.