AIC has a mandatory professional liability insurance program for all members. The program’s objectives are as follows:
- to create a stable guaranteed source of insurance for members;
- to ensure adequate coverage can be obtained under reasonable terms;
- to provide dedicated, professional insurance services to members at a reasonable cost, directly related to the claims experience of the profession;and,
- to minimize administrative “red tape.”
AIC MEMBER INSURANCE PROGRAM PORTAL
Members can access the AIC Insurance Program web-portal here. Please have your log-in email and password ready. Should you have any difficulties accessing the AIC Insurance Program web-portal, email email@example.com or call 1-855-619-8AIC (8242) and we will be pleased to assist you.
NOTE: To expedite service, please ensure you indicate you are an AIC member when you contact either company.
|Claims or Potential Claims:|
|Insurance, Coverage & Other Matters:||Integro Insurance Brokers 199 Bay Street, Suite 4800 Toronto, Ontario, M5L 1E8 phone: 1.855.619.8AIC (8242) email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
WHAT IS COVERED?
All members in good standing are covered for the professional appraisal services that they are qualified to provide. The AIC Insurance Policy provides members with comprehensive protection, including:
- liability coverage with a limit of $2.0 million (per occurrence/aggregate per year)
- legal and defense costs (these costs often make up a significant portion of any claim costs and are often not covered in other professional liability insurance programs).
Claims are subject to a deductible as stated in the insurance policy wording.
Appraisers requiring specific paralegal Insurance in accordance with regulations governing paralegals in Ontario may obtain a quote for coverage through the Institute’s insurance broker. Inquiries should be made to Integro Insurance Brokers. Download Paralegal Insurance Coverage Application Form: Word PDF
- 1-Year Pilot in Québec Allowing Designated AIC Members in Québec to Co-Sign Qualified Non-AIC Members
- The Consequences of Letting Your Insurance Coverage Lapse
- The Professional Liability Insurance Program – Canadian Property Valuation, Volume 54, Book 4 (2010) p. 35
- Important Information About Your Professional Liability Insurance -Canadian Property Valuation, Volume 53, Book 4 (2009) p. 34
- Professional Liability Insurance for Stigmatized Property – Communiqué, No. 18 – Aug 2009
- Important Message Concerning Professional Liability Insurance -Communiqué, No. 19 – Sept 2009