CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking for a position as a resident/commercial appraiser where I can utilize my academic knowledge and professional experience.
MEMBERSHIP: AIC Candidate Member since June, 2016
CERTIFICATES: Completed Courses - Ontario Real Estate Sales Agent, Ontario Mortgage Broker, CSC (Canadian Security Course), H&R Block Tax Agent
2017-Present UBC/AIC Post-Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation (PGCV)
University of British Columbia, Canada. Student
2001-2004 (May) Master of Business Administration (MBA in Accounting)
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA. GPA: 3.47
1998-2000 Master of Science in Soil Science
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Result: First Class First
1993-1998 Bachelor of Science in Soil Science
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Result: First Class Third
2021 (Mar) – Current Reliable Appraisal Services, Mississauga, ON – Residential Appraiser
2018 (Jun) – 2021 (Mar) DRW Appraisal Inc, Brooklin, ON – Residential Appraiser
2016 (Jun) – 2018 (Jun) Top Class Appraisal, Toronto, ON – Residential Appraiser
· Conducting physical inspection and completing appraisal reports using market data obtained from various sources to provide market value for residential properties in timely manner.
2014 (Nov) – 2016 (May) B2B Bank, Toronto – Senior Credit Administration Officer, Mortgage Underwriting
· Assisting underwriter’s approving complex, ambiguous, high risk and high dollar value mortgage applications to make sure all the credit policies are maintained.
· Supporting underwriting process by communicating with Mortgage Brokers, Appraisers, Realtors, Lawyers and third parties by email, fax or phone to follow up for required documentation (e.g. , copy of appraisal report, title, proof of employment information, proof of down payment.)
· Reviewing, verifying and approving documentation as received within established Service Level Standards and credit guideline
· Expedite resolution of issues regarding mortgage underwriting and advancing using independent judgment and analytical thinking.
· Engaging the Underwriter and/or management as required when supporting documents do not satisfy company policies and conditions.
· Responsible for managing activity pipeline to ensure superior service is provided and file requirements are understood and met well ahead of schedule closing date.
· Conducting file quality control and confirms that all received mortgage files are in good order prior to funding.
2013 (Jan) – 2014 (Nov) CIBC, Toronto - Senior Investigation Officer, Mortgage Processing, Retail Operations
· Handling complex, ambiguous, high risk and high dollar value investigations of requests related to Wholesale/Brokerage Mortgage Operations and Retail Operations
· Reviewing, verifying and approving documentation as received within established Service Level Standards and credit guideline (e.g., copy of appraisal report, title, proof of employment information, proof of down payment.)
· Expediting resolution of issues regarding mortgage underwriting and advancing using independent judgment and analytical thinking.
· Conduct in- depth research using multiple systems/reports to determine the nature of problem.
· Providing resolution to lending/mortgage retail operation and production department to fulfill request in timely manner
· Acting as primary point of contact to advise and consult with internal and external clients and ensure internal controls/legal requirements are properly maintained.
· Calculating of TDSR, GDSR, LTV, penalties, cash-back, and claw-back amounts involving large mortgages which require the employee to fully understand the guidelines and procedures involved in all CIBC mortgage products in order to accurately provide information to avoid losses to CIBC
2010 (Oct) – 2012 (Dec) HomeLife/Cimmerman Real Estate Ltd. – Real Estate Sales Agent
· Conducting ccomparative market analysis on real estate sales price using direct comparative analysis, cost and income approach
· Assisting the clients in the process of real estate transaction at the best possible price, in the least amount of time and with the least amount of inconvenience.
· Business development, phone call, marketing
· Assisting the client for home inspection and insurance
2006 (Jun) – 2010 (Sep) Scotia Bank, Canada – Personal/Retail Banking Officer, Branch & EBCC
· Handling the 4 pillars of the company - borrowing, day-to-day, investment & protection
· Outbound Customer Service and cross selling
· Developing the branch's personal customer base by providing sound advice and creatively selling bank products and services to existing and potential customers.
· Managing clients’ portfolios and use basic wealth management and debt management concepts to meet customers' financial needs.
· Consult with clients on improving their banking needs by suggesting banking accounts, i.e., chequing and savings account, Mortgage, Secured and Unsecured Line of Credit, Loans, Visa and MasterCard, credit protector insurance, mortgage insurance, life and disability insurance, , Tax Free Savings Account, GIC, Bonds, Mutual Funds, RRSP, RESP
· Contributing to the team's overall success by achieving negotiated personal sales and sales activity goals through the identification and satisfaction of customer needs
· Conducting group huddles, assisting and analyzing with peers, about internal day-to-day activities
· Exceed weekly and monthly targets by 80% - 90%
· Nominated BEST of the BEST for the year 2007
· Received highest number of peer recognition certificates in a year
· Highest number of sales on team for the Passport Gold Credit Card campaign
· Highest number of sales in the first month of employment within team
· Received many accolades for top performance within team
2004 (Jul) – 2006 (May) H&R Block, Canada – Client Service Manager
· Greeting clients, making appointments, maintain client flow
· Handling client concerns and suggesting better solutions for their year-end tax file
· Assisting in filing complex income tax return
· Business development through marketing
· Employee scheduling, solving employee issues, training
· Quality control through observing employee activities
· Office management, maintaining business flow and supplies
· Maintaining quality office environment for better service
· Opening and closing the businesses
2001(Aug) – 2004 (May) Bloomsburg University, MBA Department, Pennsylvania-Graduate Assistant (Contract)
· Teaching Assistant, tutored undergrad business student, conduct online classes
· Assisted faculty in material for class preparation and in research projects
· Research assistant, conducted data analysis by using excel, SPSS and access
· Generated report from the data analysis.
· Presenting results and explains their outcome.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Front Page, Outlook, DOS, SPSS, SMS, POM, Simply Accounting, ACCPAC, Audit Command Language (ACL), CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Banking application software, CRAL
AWARDS AND HONORS: Best of the Best, Sales, Scotia Bank, 2008-2009
Graduate Assistantship, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, PA, 2001-2004
Deans list, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2000
Merit Scholarship, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1993-1999
National Board of Secondary Education Scholarship, Bangladesh, 1990-1992
Junior School Scholarship, Bangladesh, 1988-1990
REFERENCES: Available upon request.