The Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) offers:
Overview of Mandatory PPS Continuous Professional
Development (CPD) Requirements
- Members should refer to the AIC CPD Guidelines for complete details of the requirements for their member category.
- Reinstating Members should refer to the AIC General Policies on Reinstatement for PPS requirements.
How to Attend a Professional Practice Seminar
1) In a Classroom
• PPS offered: 1-Day without exam and New Candidate with exam
• Schedule and Enrollment: Go to the Seminar and Events section of your provincial association or affiliate
2) By Webforum
• PPS offered: 1-Day without exam
• Access Requirements: Internet access and a telephone line (links and dial-in access to be provided by facilitator)
• Schedule and Enrollment: Webforums hosted by:
• National Office: Enroll online.
• Provincial Associations: Go to the Seminar and Events section of your provincial association or affiliate
3) By Distance Learning
• PPS offered: Self-Directed Professional Practice Seminar for New Candidates with exam, and Self-Directed Professional Practice Seminar for Designated Members with exam
• Enrollment: Enroll online.
• Exam Registration: Complete the Examination Registration Form and return to AIC National Office, Attention: Professional Practice Coordinator.
• Late Examination Registration may be subject to a late fee.
• Duration: Participants are required to complete the exam within 60 days of the enrollment date.
For all types of seminar formats, the PPS material is available in electronic form only.
Participants are responsible for printing and/or downloading the PPS material.
The PPS material is available to all AIC members in the Members’ Section of the AIC’s website here.