Top Appraiser Under 40 Award
The Top Appraiser Under 40 Award recognizes exceptional young appraisal professionals – one male and one female – who are making significant accomplishments within the appraisal profession and their community.
- Must be a designated appraiser
- Must be less than 40 years of age by December 31st, 2020
- Member must be in good standing with Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Member cannot be a previous recipient of the Top Appraiser Under 40 Award
- “Top Appraiser Under 40” Crystal Award
- Jpeg file of award logo for email signature, business cards, marketing collateral, etc.
- Formal presentation of the award at 2022 AIC National Conference
- One Complimentary AIC Conference pass (2022 Conference)
STEP 1 – Complete Application Form
Please note: An appraiser can submit their own application or have their name submitted by someone else for consideration (the applicant’s signature is required). Applications not submitted with the Application Form provided below will be disqualified.
The submission must demonstrate the applicant’s contribution to the valuation profession and/or their outstanding service in one or more of the following areas:
Career Accomplishments – demonstrated achievement of excellence within career and/or education
Service and Contribution to AIC –
1) Involvement in regional/chapter/provincial or national committees, events, education, and/or initiatives;
2) Representation of AIC within other professional bodies/business-related organizations; or
3) Promotion of profession.
Community Service – community involvement
Other – please provide other accomplishments that demonstrate the applicant’s leadership, innovation, creativity, commitment or impact.
STEP 2 – The Application Form must be sent to email@example.com by March 15th, 2021 by 12:00 pm EST.
STEP 3 – The AIC Nomination Committee will review all applications and nominate six finalists (Top 3 Male Applicants; Top 3 Female Applicants).
STEP 4 – The AIC Awards Committee will review the nominees and select the Top Male Appraiser Under 40 and the Top Female Appraiser Under 40.
STEP 5 – The recommended award winners will be approved by the National Board of Directors.
Jessica Toppazzini, AACI, P. App
Over the few years, Jessica became a Partner at GWRA Ltd, a specialized real estate appraisal and advisory firm based in Vancouver. With considerable experience in complex valuations, she quickly became an expert in expropriation-related projects, having been involved in some of British Columbia’s largest infrastructure projects such as The Gateway Program, Evergreen Line, Canada Line and Broadway Line. She also completed extensive valuations for BC Hydro’s Site C Project in Fort St. John, Dawson Creeks/Chetwynd Area Transmission Project, and the TransMountain Pipeline Project.
She is currently involved in multifaceted valuations for various clients in the private and public sectors and specializes in the valuation of development lands throughout the Province.
Aaron Harlang, AACI P. App
Starting with Altus Group in Toronto, Aaron went from an entry-level analyst to Associate Director of the Retail Valuations Team within nine years. In 2016, he joined CBRE as Vice-President, Valuation and Operations. He was recently promoted to Managing Director and works directly with the CBRE’s VAS Management Team.
Aaron is a strong believer in supporting the AIC and helping it to evolve with the changing market demands. He was involved in the Candidate Committee to share his perspective on the education process and later played a key role in working groups involved in identifying professional competency mapping, examining CPD credits, assessing exemptions, researching foreign qualifications, and updating the mentorship program. He was recently part of a task force that reviewed the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) program, making recommendations to eight exceptional applicants for the Individual Degree Exemption Assessment (IDEA) program.
Aaron received his MRICS designation through the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors in 2019.
- Ayda Chamcham, AACI, P. App
- Sanjit Singh, AACI, P.App
- Samantha Lawrek, AACI, P.App
- Nicholas Ruta, AACI, P. App
- Alison McGavigan, AACI, P.App
- Simon Chin, AACI, P.App
- Farah-Martine Dai, AACI, P.App
- Tyler Beatty, AACI, P.App
- Joanne Slaney, AACI, P.App
- Cliff Smirl, AACI, P.App