Professional Practice Seminar
Designated and Candidate AIC Members must complete the Professional Practice Seminar (PPS) along with discretionary professional development credits in accordance with the AIC’s mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program.
As of January 1, 2020, Designated and Candidate Members must complete the PPS within the first 12 months of the date it becomes available in each 2-year CPD cycle.
THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE 2020 PPS FOR THE 2020-21 CPD CYCLE IS JUNE 30, 2021
The Professional Practice Seminar:
- Provides an update on changes to CUSPAP from one cycle to the next
- Raises Member awareness and provides advice on key professional practice issues
- Gives Members tools and information to empower them to achieve and maintain the highest standards of professional practice
Completion of the AIC Introduction to Professional Practice is a prerequisite for application for membership as a Candidate in the AIC.
AIC Introduction to Professional Practice:
- Provides an overview of the AIC and its governing documents
- Provides insight into professional practice issues that new Candidates may encounter in their day to day work
- Gives Candidates information to enable them to achieve the high professional standards expected of AIC Members
As of September 1, 2018, individuals seeking to join the AIC as Candidate Members must complete the AIC Introduction to Professional Practice Seminar before submitting their application for Candidacy.
Information about the ITPP can be found here.
There is one delivery option:
- BEFORE REGISTERING WITH UBC
- You must have an AIC identification number
- If you have attended one of the AIC’s educational sessions (e.g.: AIC101 – not a UBC course)
- you will have received an AIC identification number in the confirmation of registration email
- you can use that number for registration in AIC Introduction to Professional Practice
- If you have forgotten that number – please contact [email protected]
- If you have never attended one of the AIC’s educational sessions you may create an account to generate an AIC identification
- Register: With UBC (click here)
- Cost: $345.00
- Credits: 14
Professional Practice Seminar – Options for Designated Members and Existing Candidate Members
Designated and Candidate Members must complete a one-day professional practice seminar within the first 12 months of the date it becomes available in each 2-year CPD cycle. (2020/2021 Professional Practice Seminar)
There are two PPS options:
- Format: 7-hour live lecture
- Quizzes: 4 quizzes consisting of 10 multiple-choice questions must be completed through UBC after classroom attendance
- Your provincial association will provide you with a link
- Offered by: provincial affiliates
- Schedule: Contact your provincial affiliate or View upcoming Professional Practice Seminars
- Cost: $345.00 (Minimum) +applicable tax – contact your provincial affiliate.
- CPD Credits: 7
- Format: Online and on-demand offered through the UBC education platform
- Quizzes: At the end of each Module, the participant will complete a 10 multiple-choice questions quiz
- Convenience: The Modules can be watched at times to suit the participant’s schedule
- Register: With UBC (http://realestate.ubc.ca/pps/)
- Cost: $345.00+applicable tax
- Credits: 7