Seminars and Events
The Appraisal Institute of Canada offers various educational opportunities that are relevant to real estate and valuation professionals.
AIC Members are required to complete credits as part of the Institute’s mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. AIC’s annual conference, webinars and seminars as well as learning opportunities offered by AIC partners are guaranteed credits for AIC Members.
The bi-annual Pan Pacific Congress of Real Estate Appraisers, Valuers and Counsellors will take place on Oct 4 – 7, 2020 at the Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since its inception in 1959 and for the third time, Malaysia is once again a proud host for the 30th instalment of the Pan Pacific Congress (PPC) 2020 centering on the theme Digital Disruption: Digital Economy And The Real Estate Industry in welcoming the Industrial Revolution 4.0.
Join the 30th Pan Pacific Congress 2020 as they walk you through with a refreshing agenda filled with thought provoking and insightful forums with professionals and leaders from the Pacific Basin and greater networking opportunity for all participants.
For more information and to register, visit www.panpaccongress.org
The IPTI offers a wide range of webinars, workshops and international events.
To see the full list of events, please click here.
The Canadian Property Tax Association is holding its 53rd Annual National Workshop in St. John’s NL on September 15-18, 2019.
It’s a great opportunity to obtain 12 CPD credits, network with peers, and obtain some valuable educational content. You can find the preliminary programs for delegates here, as well as the Companions one here. They arealso available on the CPTA website. Registration can be done only at http://bit.ly/2WkiccR or by completing the registration form in the Delegate program.
Final Registration Deadline: August 23rd.
The CICEA on-line education program is divided into these seven modules:
- Module 1) Getting Started; Duties of an Executor / Executrix
- Module 2) Financial Considerations
- Module 3) Property
- Module 4) Trusts
- Module 5) The Estate and Probate
- Module 6) Challenges of Estate Administration
- Module 7) Benefits of The CEA
- For more detailed information about the curriculum, download the CEA Syllabus.
- AIC members’ preferred price is $1,295 (discounted by $200)
- 12 guaranteed continuous professional development credits will be granted to AIC members upon the successful completion of the full course.
- To register for the CEA program with your special AIC discount, go to this link.
- For more information, go to AIC’s Frequently Asked Questions.
CARSON DUNLOP CONTINUING EDUCATION The following Carson Dunlop courses have been approved for guaranteed AIC CPD credits. For more information visit the Carson Dunlop website.
- Commercial roofing – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Commercial structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Forced-air gas heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Exterior structures – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Getting electricity into the home – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Grow houses – 1 AIC CPD credit
- The home inspection process – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Plumbing: supply, drain, waste and vent – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Surface water control and landscaping – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential cooling systems and insulation – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential electrical systems and appliances – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential interiors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential plumbing systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential roofing and exteriors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wells, pumps and septic systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wood-burning fireplaces – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Architectural Styles – 3 AIC CPD credits
Take a course from ES Computer Training and earn guaranteed AIC CPD credits Offered in classrooms in various Ontario locations
- NEW Facebook & LinkedIn for the Real Estate Industry – 7 CPDs
- MS Outlook – Contact Management System for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Excel – Finances for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Publisher for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- Creating Marketing Presentations for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
For details: ES Computer Training 131 Bloor St. W. Suite 200/318 Toronto, ON M5S 1R8
E-LEARNING:The International Property Tax Institute (IPTI), in partnership with the Institute of Municipal Assessors (IMA), offers an learning platform designed to provide a cost effective and content rich, online learning opportunity for continued education in the field of property assessment valuation and taxation.
For details download the brochure here.
REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE OF CANADA (REIC)
Under a partnership agreement between AIC and REIC AIC members have access to the REIC’s courses and designation programs which cover all sectors of the real estate industry such as reserve fund planning, ethics, finance, law, leadership, human resources, leasing & negotiating, mortgage underwriting, property/asset management and more. Read the partnership announcement here. Read the FAQs here.