Seminars and Events
The Appraisal Institute of Canada offers various educational opportunities that are relevant to real estate and valuation professionals.
AIC Members are required to complete credits as part of the Institute’s mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. AIC’s annual conference, webinars and seminars as well as learning opportunities offered by AIC partners are guaranteed credits for AIC Members.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Courses and Credits
UBC offers AIC members three avenues to achieve credits towards AIC’s Continuing Professional Development Program
- Completion of BUSI courses provides students with a maximum of 12 CPD credits per course.
- UBC’s CPD courses offer AIC “guaranteed credits” with a range of valuation related topics.
- UBC’s webinars provide live online instructions on topics of interest to AIC members; normally offered in November and December only.
Following the recent update to the International Valuation Standards (IVS), the IVSC’s Standards Review Board – the group that oversees all technical updates to the standards – would like to invite you and your colleagues/members to a free webinar from 14:00-15:00 (BST) on Tuesday 24 August to learn more about the key changes.
The webinar will cover the changes to the IVS ‘General’ and ‘Asset-specific’ standards. This is an opportunity for you to hear first-hand from the technical experts that have led the work about the specific updates and the rationale for those changes.
The webinar will include short presentations followed by an open Q&A when you will be able to ask questions to the members of the Standards Review Board.
Places are limited but we would like to extend the opportunity to representatives of all IVSC member organisations, as well as your own staff teams and/or professional members. Therefore, please feel free to circulate the details internally.
You can register to join this webinar here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PJgxfEKyTbWDWHF-_4y0LA
IMA’s Fall Virtual Symposium
November 1st and 2nd, 2021
The 2021 Fall Virtual Symposium is Canada’s leading event for property assessment and taxation professionals. Attendees will have the opportunity to build their professional networks and participate in a series of interactive sessions on todays hottest topics. This day-and-a-half event connects professionals from coast-to-coast.
Join us November 1st and 2nd to stream our lineup of keynote speakers and industry experts from the comfort and safety of home. This years’ symposium program has been carefully curated to explore the latest developments in the field of property assessment in a set of dynamic and engaging sessions. Earn up to 7.5 credits towards CPD Cycle 4!
The Canadian Property Tax Association is holding its 55th Annual National Workshop in Québec, QC on October 24 – 27, 2021.
We would truly appreciate it if you could please circulate the attached to your respective memberships. It’s a great opportunity to obtain CPD credits, network with peers, and obtain some valuable educational content. The Workshop program is available on the event website and includes location, as well as registration information.
Early Bird Registration Deadline is August 31st.
Many thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions.
Event Website: https://pheedloop.com/2021workshop/site/home/
Online Registration: https://cpta.org/news-events/calendar/#id=120&cid=1640&wid=601
RICS and IPTI 9th Annual Property Tax Seminar
This year marks the 9th Annual RICS and IPTI Property Tax Seminar, Assessment & Taxation in Ontario: Looking forward in Ontario Property Tax to 2020 and beyond: Challenges and Realities.
This event will take place in Toronto Nov 26th. For more information, click here.
AIC credits are guaranteed for the events at a rate of 1 credit per hour (averaging 6 credits per function)
The Vancouver Real Estate Forum, originally scheduled for March 31 has been rescheduled to September 30, 2020.
The Edmonton Real Estate Forum originally scheduled for April 15 will be rescheduled to combine with the Calgary Real Estate Forum to become the Alberta Real Estate Forum. The new event will be held instead of the Calgary Real Estate Forum, scheduled for October 21, 2020.
For more details or to see other upcoming events, click here.
Multiple webinars are also available in April and May. 1 CPD credit per hour will be given for attendance
To see the list of webinars available, please click here.
The CICEA on-line education program is divided into these seven modules:
- Module 1) Getting Started; Duties of an Executor / Executrix
- Module 2) Financial Considerations
- Module 3) Property
- Module 4) Trusts
- Module 5) The Estate and Probate
- Module 6) Challenges of Estate Administration
- Module 7) Benefits of The CEA
- For more detailed information about the curriculum, download the CEA Syllabus.
- AIC members’ preferred price is $1,295 (discounted by $200)
- 12 guaranteed continuous professional development credits will be granted to AIC members upon the successful completion of the full course.
- To register for the CEA program with your special AIC discount, go to this link.
- For more information, go to AIC’s Frequently Asked Questions.
CARSON DUNLOP CONTINUING EDUCATION The following Carson Dunlop courses have been approved for guaranteed AIC CPD credits. For more information visit the Carson Dunlop website.
- Commercial roofing – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Commercial structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Forced-air gas heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Exterior structures – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Getting electricity into the home – 4 AIC CPD credits
- Grow houses – 1 AIC CPD credit
- The home inspection process – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Plumbing: supply, drain, waste and vent – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Surface water control and landscaping – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential cooling systems and insulation – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential electrical systems and appliances – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential heating – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential interiors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential plumbing systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential roofing and exteriors – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Understanding residential structures – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wells, pumps and septic systems – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Wood-burning fireplaces – 3 AIC CPD credits
- Architectural Styles – 3 AIC CPD credits
Take a course from ES Computer Training and earn guaranteed AIC CPD credits Offered in classrooms in various Ontario locations
- NEW Facebook & LinkedIn for the Real Estate Industry – 7 CPDs
- MS Outlook – Contact Management System for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Excel – Finances for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- MS Publisher for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
- Creating Marketing Presentations for Real Estate Professionals – 7 CPDs
For details: ES Computer Training 131 Bloor St. W. Suite 200/318 Toronto, ON M5S 1R8
REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE OF CANADA (REIC)
Under a partnership agreement between AIC and REIC AIC members have access to the REIC’s courses and designation programs which cover all sectors of the real estate industry such as reserve fund planning, ethics, finance, law, leadership, human resources, leasing & negotiating, mortgage underwriting, property/asset management and more. Read the partnership announcement here. Read the FAQs here.