Seminars and Events
The Appraisal Institute of Canada offers various educational opportunities that are relevant to real estate and valuation professionals.
AIC Members are required to complete credits as part of the Institute’s mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. AIC’s annual conference, webinars and seminars as well as learning opportunities offered by AIC partners are guaranteed credits for AIC Members.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Courses and Credits
UBC offers AIC members three avenues to achieve credits towards AIC’s Continuing Professional Development Program
- Completion of BUSI courses provides students with a maximum of 12 CPD credits per course.
- UBC’s CPD courses offer AIC “guaranteed credits” with a range of valuation related topics.
- UBC’s webinars provide live online instructions on topics of interest to AIC members; normally offered in November and December.
Find out more about these sessions, including registration details.
AIC credits are guaranteed for the events at a rate of 1 credit per hour (averaging 6 credits per function)
For more details or to see other upcoming events, click here.
The CICEA on-line education program is divided into these seven modules:
- Module 1) Getting Started; Duties of an Executor / Executrix
- Module 2) Financial Considerations
- Module 3) Property
- Module 4) Trusts
- Module 5) The Estate and Probate
- Module 6) Challenges of Estate Administration
- Module 7) Benefits of The CEA
- For more detailed information about the curriculum, download the CEA Syllabus.
- AIC members’ preferred price is $1,295 (discounted by $200)
- 12 guaranteed continuous professional development credits will be granted to AIC members upon the successful completion of the full course.
- To register for the CEA program with your special AIC discount, go to this link.
- For more information, go to AIC’s Frequently Asked Questions.
REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE OF CANADA (REIC) : Under a partnership agreement between AIC and REIC AIC members have access to the REIC’s courses and designation programs which cover all sectors of the real estate industry such as reserve fund planning, ethics, finance, law, leadership, human resources, leasing & negotiating, mortgage underwriting, property/asset management and more. Read the FAQs here.