The Director, Professional Practice is the first point of contact with the AIC and as such is dedicated to serving the public interest by responding to various types of queries. In this regard, the Director registers consumer concerns and complaints related to the service of an AIC member with the assurance of confidentiality and expedient action.
Role of the Director, Professional Practice
The Director, Professional Practice is the first person to see and evaluate a complaint.
The Director Professional Practice investigates any complaint received and may take any of the following actions:
- dismiss the complaint
- direct the Member to peer review
- recommend mediation between the Complainant and the Member
- impose Practice Sanctions on consent
- direct abeyance
through the Counsellor, Professional Practice
- refer the Complaint to the Investigating Committee.
- refer the complaint to the Professional Practice Advocate
- refer the complaint to the Special Investigator.
April 2, 2012