The Manitoba Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada is the provincial association that represents AIC in Manitoba. Incorporated in 1978, the Manitoba Association continues to serve Manitoba members and provide assistance to the public. There are over 165 members of the Manitoba Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada including AACI and CRA designated members, Candidate, student, and associate members.
The Manitoba Association provides services and information to Manitoba members to:
- raise the profile of real estate valuation professionals in Manitoba
- achieve a designation
- liaise with our education partner, University of British Columbia
- seek career opportunities; and
- attain continuing professional development credits
When Should You Contact AIC – MB?
AIC and its affiliated provincial organizations have various responsibilities. Individuals should contact AIC – MB for the following...
- Joining the Institute
- Designation interview (dates, locations, particulars)
- Reinstatement, retirement, resignation
- Professional development seminars within region
- Local volunteering activities (committees, working groups)
- Provinicial newsletter or other local publications and notices including e-publications
- Local marketing, promotion and advocacy
- Provincial association meetings
Manitoba members are employed in the private, corporate and government sectors. Our members work at The City of Winnipeg, Great West Life, Manitoba Hydro, Canada Revenue Agency, Province of Manitoba, financial institutions, commercial and residential real estate and appraisal firms.
The Manitoba Association also assists the public by:
- answering enquiries about the appraisal process
- providing expert advice to the media on appraisal topics
- providing information about appraisal as a career
- ensuring that Manitoba members adhere to mandatory professional standards
June 21, 2010