Do I need to be an AIC member to become a volunteer?
- Yes, all AIC members are eligible, AACI, CRA, Candidates, Students, Associates and AACI (Hon.)
Is there travel involved?
- Increasingly technology is permitting volunteers to contribute without leaving their office or home. AIC has increased the use of virtual meetings and web-based meetings are being used more and more. During any given year a number of committees met virtually. There may be limited travel involved in your commitment.
What is the time commitment?
- Depending on which committee or initiative you are involved in the time commitment will vary. It may be as brief as acting as a resource on an issue, participating in a media interview, writing an article, presenting a powerpoint prepared by AIC, serving on committees.
Will I earn CPD credits for my volunteer work with AIC?
- For the answer to this question please view this table that outlines credits earned for AIC volunteer hours or refer to the CPD Guidlines.
What will I be doing, and will I be having contact with members?
- Again, depending on which committee or initiative you take on may result in member contact via surveys; questionnaires or consultations.
February 17, 2011