PLEASE NOTE: EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2011, WE HAVE A NEW ADDRESS:
APPRAISAL INSTITUTE OF CANADA ~ SASKATCHEWAN
2424 College Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 1C8
Telephone: (306) 352-4195
Marilyn Steranka, Executive Director
The Saskatchewan Association of the Appraisal Institute of Canada is a provincial association of our parent national body, the Appraisal Institute of Canada, and represents AIC in Saskatchewan.
The Saskatchewan Association provides services and information to Saskatchewan members to:
- raise the profile of real estate valuation professionals in Saskatchewan
- achieve a designation
- liaise with our education partner, University of British Columbia
- seek career opportunities; and
- attain continuing professional development credits
The Saskatchewan Association also assists the public by:
- answering enquiries about the appraisal process
- providing information about appraisal as a career
- ensuring that Manitoba members adhere to mandatory professional standards
The Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) formed in 1938. For many decades thereafter Saskatchewan members were supported by the National office via information provided through the efforts of dedicated volunteer SK members. These members took a leadership role in this province, and thus the Saskatchewan body became incorporated in 1979. It continued to operate under the direction of volunteer SK members for many years.
They formed two strong AIC chapters based out of Saskatoon and Regina. Each chapter had a chair and provided many services to their members, including monthly meetings where speakers were brought in to address many topics of interest to these professionals.
However, to service its members more consistently, the Association decided to close its chapters and operate from one office, employing permanent staff to provide the continuity that had been lacking in the past.
November 7, 2011