The provincial affiliates are the Institute's regional partners and support and implement the policies and activities of the Institute. They are responsible for the delivery of programs and services except where impractical, or where economies of scale warrant delivery on a national basis by AIC or other partners.
These associations and organizations are the first point of contact for those wishing to join the Institute, for ongoing assistance to members as they proceed to designation, and throughout their careers.
The provincial associations and affiliated provincial organizations are responsible for:
Admission to Membership
- Administration of the designation process (advice on current requirements and deadlines, administration of the Applied Experience Program and oral examinations)
In addition to these administrative responsibilities, provincial organizations offer a varied menu of value-added services including:
- Workshops, seminars and conferences
- Classroom delivery of the mandatory Professional Practice Seminar
Advocacy and Promotion of the Profession
- Local/provincial media relations
- Participation in career fairs and relevant provincial trade shows
- Government relations at the local and provincial level
October 11, 2008