Member type: Any
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: Negotiable
Province: British Columbia
Closing Date: 2020/03/06
Contact Name: Rachel Fricker
Website: View Website
Contact Email: [email protected]
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We’re looking for a Residential Appraiser, High Net Worth, Personal Lines to join our growing team!
As a Residential Appraiser in High Net Worth (HNW), Personal Lines, your work will have a big impact on our customers as you service the BC and AB regions. As a valued member of the team, you will be a brand champion for the HNW team, conduct appraisals on new business and prospect business to determine accurate replacement costs, risk acceptability, and identify loss potential. You will make recommendations and come up with solutions tailored to the specific risk and circumstance. This position reports to National Appraisal Manager and can be based in Vancouver or Calgary.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Deliver effortless customer experience
- Collaborate with various individuals (broker, customers and various internal departments)
- Develop relationships with local contractors and conduct interviews to determine factors and trends driving change in construction costs for labour, materials and building components within the region
- Identify and evaluate finishes and features of high valued residential property
- Physically inspect, measure and photograph structures to update assessment
- Keep current on construction industry forecasts, building costs, building codes, territory trends and unacceptable risk characteristics
- Provide recommendations and solutions tailored to the specific risk, exposures and characteristics inherent to the territory including product advantages to customers during the appraisal process
- Advise various stakeholders on loss prevention and mitigation solutions
- Minimum 3 years of property appraisal and loss prevention experience
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Proven organizational/time management skills
- Strong ability to identify different types and styles of construction, fire protection and unique features found in residential homes
- Ability to read and understand architectural and builder plans is preferred
- Work within monthly deadlines within a demanding travel schedule, servicing a large territory
- Frequent travel BC and AB and overnight trips.
- Flexible, autonomous working hours (35 hours a week)
- Familiar with architectural drawing software is an asset
- Architectural designation preferred or equivalent experience
- CIP and CRM designation preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you’ll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on March 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.