Member type: AACI Member
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: $100,000+
Closing Date: 2024/03/31
Contact Name: Alexander Tyutyunnik
Website: View Website
Contact Address: 10 Peel Centre Drive
Contact City: Brampton
Contact Province: Ontario
Contact Postal Code: L6T 4B9
Senior Capital Acquisition Agent
Status: Regular Full Time
Salary Range: $107,121-$133,902 per annum plus comprehensive benefits
Work mode: Hybrid* see below for more details about this work mode.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Who we are: Real Estate provides innovative, effective and fiscally-responsible real estate solution for the Region of Peel. We offer a broad spectrum of services including acquisitions and disposal of land and buildings, leasing both as tenant and landlord, property valuations, municipal real estate inventory management and provision of real estate information.
We are looking for a Senior Capital Acquisition Agent who will provide comprehensive real estate acquisition services necessary to acquire all property rights for complex individual capital infrastructure projects (roads, water and/or wastewater). In addition, you will be responsible for the complete project deliverables as they relate to land acquisitions, large complex transactions and successfully delivering the project’s land requirements on time and on budget. You will provide guidance and mentorship to teammates by demonstrating technical expertise (legal, engineering, appraisal and negotiations) and you will directly support the Manager Capital Acquisitions on policy implementation and manage customer relationships with cross-functional project teams.
What you will do in this role:
In this role you will lead the property acquisition program and provide comprehensive real estate acquisition advice necessary to acquire property rights for complex capital infrastructure projects (roads, water and/or wastewater) through a wide variety of property types such as: agricultural, residential, commercial, industrial and environmentally sensitive.
- Leading the property acquisition program and complete individual negotiations for multiple complex capital infrastructure projects on various property types (commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural and environmentally sensitive)
- Conducting planning of property acquisition including critical path analysis for property delivery, setting objectives, prioritizing and setting tasks, and preparing and monitoring land acquisition budgets for individual projects
- Reviewing project status with client to ensure deadlines are met
- Reviewing engineering designs drawings to determine property impacts
- Participating in Environmental Assessment, detailed design, and construction stages of capital projects
- Preparing complex appraisal reports for specific property requirements
- Conducting appraisal procurement and review external appraisal reports
- Negotiating and recommending appropriate compensation for complex land transactions to secure property rights necessary for client programs
- Conducting in-depth investigation and extensive research for strategic feasibility and analysis, negotiate and recommend appropriate compensation settlement and implement recommended solutions
- Recommending and direct expropriation proceedings according to applicable legislation and Regional policy
- Documenting and completing land transactions to secure property rights necessary for client programs
What the role requires:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (i.e., Geography, Urban Planning, Urban Affairs and Real Estate)
- Membership of the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or International Right of Way Association with an AACI and/or SRWA designation
- A minimum of eight (8) years of municipal real estate experience preferably in capital project land acquisitions
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable legislation related to capital projects, including Expropriation Acts, Municipal Act, and Environmental Assessment Act
- Thorough knowledge of Registry Office/Land Title Office procedures, legal surveys and plans, and engineering procedures and plans as they relate to property rights and acquisitions
- Thorough knowledge of general legal matters pertaining to transfer of real property
- Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong project management skills, organizational abilities, time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-project environment
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office
- Ability to apply knowledge of Registry Office/Land Title Office procedures, legal surveys and plans, and engineering procedures and plans as they relate to property rights and acquisitions
- Ability to apply knowledge of general legal matters pertaining to transfer of real property
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, develop creative solutions to complex problems and present recommendations regarding appraisal, settlement and expropriation
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
Perks @ Peel and why you will love working for us:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan including psychological health (effective start date)
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement and learning and development resources
In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
Kindly ensure to regularly monitor your spam and junk email folders, as important communications regarding your application may be directed there.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
Peel Region consists of the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, and the town of Caledon. Peel Region delivers essential services to more than 1.5 million residents and approximately 175,000 businesses.
We’re working to create a community that is safe, inclusive, and accessible. A place where everyone feels they belong and can access the services they need to thrive throughout each stage of life.
Our workforce is 6,700 strong and since 1974, we’ve been delivering a wide range of resident focused services. Our services include paramedic services, health programs, long-term care and services for seniors, child care support, garbage collection and recycling, waste water and water treatment, road maintenance, financial assistance, and housing support.
Recognized by Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month® with the Great Employer Award presented by Excellence Canada, Peel Region is a place where everyone feels they belong. We strive to develop a workplace that values and respects diversity, practices inclusion, recognizes the unique contributions and abilities of all people and facilitates innovative thinking. At Peel Region, people come first. Each employee has an important role within our community and when we work together, it’s impactful. We encourage you to join us in delivering essential services and programs to our diverse community. You won’t find a better opportunity than Peel Region.
Peel Region is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is respected and valued for their contributions, and where everyone is treated fairly and has opportunity to grow and develop. As one of the most diverse regions in Canada, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the population we serve.
Peel Region is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact
Please be advised, Peel Region uses email to communicate with applicants for open job competitions and does not use AI technology in any part of the recruitment process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e., testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.