Liability Insurance premiums are not payable at this time – this renewal process is only for AIC member dues.
If you are planning to retire before Dec. 31, 2018, please contact your provincial office to discuss 2018/2019 dues or 2019 insurance premium/coverage.
Pay Online for a Chance to Win!
Everyone who pays their dues online by September 30, 2018 is eligible for our prize draw. A random draw will be made for the following items:
- 1st Prize: $250.00 gift certificate from one of these stores selected by you (BestBuy, Canadian Tire, The Bay, Home Depot)
- 2nd Prize: Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker. Approximate retail value $170.00 generously donated by The Personal, AIC’s Home and Automobile Insurance Program provider
- 3rd Prize: Gift certificate for one UBC CPD course including the webinars generously donated by the Real Estate Division, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- 4th Prize: Gift certificate for one UBC CPD course including the webinars generously donated by the Real Estate Division, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- DUES CYCLE: The dues cycle for the Appraisal Institute of Canada runs from October 1, 2018 to September 30, 2019.
- PAYMENT METHOD: Your dues can be paid online with our secure payment system. No invoices will be mailed in order to save on printing and mailing cost. Members may also pay by cheque or by faxing your renewal to 613-234-7197 with credit card information (VISA AMEX or MasterCard only), postmarked no later than September 30, 2018. An NSF cheque will incur a $20 handling fee.
- DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT: Deadline for payment is September 30, 2018.
- CONSEQUENCES OF NON-PAYMENT: Suspension of membership including insurance coverage will occur immediately following the payment due date (October 2, 2017) as a result of nonpayment. An Administration Fee of $125 ($20 for retired members) will be charged to members who pay between October 1 and up to October 31, 2018. Suspended members, who pay all outstanding dues including the $125 fee by October 31, 2018, will be automatically reinstated. Members in arrears after October 31, 2018 must apply for reinstatement through their provincial association, pay provincial reinstatement fees along with all outstanding dues and comply with the full Reinstatement Policy.
- AIC DUES TAX DEDUCTIBLE: AIC Membership Dues are tax deductible. See this relevant court ruling: Montgomery v Canada 1999 CanLII 7732 (F.C.A.). Letter from AIC’s CEO regarding AIC insurance program.
Are you interested in donating to the AIC’s Research & Development (R& D) Fund? If you wish to make a tax-deductible donation to the AIC’s R&D Fund which funds research in real property valuation you can do so while paying online. A separate tax receipt will be mailed. For more information, visit the Research and Development Fund web page.
Please remember…Membership Dues do not include the levies for Professional Liability Insurance. The AIC Professional Liability Insurance Levies will be billed in November by Integro Insurance Brokers, who administer the Professional Liability Insurance Program on behalf of the AIC.