Liability Insurance premiums are not payable at this time – this renewal process is only for AIC member dues.
Pay Online for a Chance to Win!
Everyone who pays their dues online by September 30, 2021 is eligible for our prize draw. A random draw will be made for the following items:
- 1st Prize: $250.00 gift certificate from one of these stores selected by you (BestBuy, Canadian Tire, The Bay, Home Depot)
- 2nd Prize: A $100 VISA gift card generoulsy donated by The Personal, AIC’s Home and Automobile Insurance Program provider
- 3rd Prize: Gift certificate for one UBC CPD course (CPD 100 series) generously donated by the Real Estate Division, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- 4th Prize: Gift certificate for one UBC CPD course (CPD 100 series) generously donated by the Real Estate Division, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- DUES CYCLE: The dues cycle for the Appraisal Institute of Canada runs from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022.
- PAYMENT METHOD: Your dues can be paid online with our secure payment system. No invoices will be mailed in order to save on printing and mailing cost. Members may also pay by cheque or by faxing your renewal to 613-234-7197 with credit card information (VISA AMEX or MasterCard only), postmarked no later than September 30, 2021. An NSF cheque will incur a $20 handling fee.
- DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT: Deadline for payment is September 30, 2021.
- CONSEQUENCES OF NON-PAYMENT: Suspension of membership including insurance coverage will occur immediately following the payment due date (September 30, 2021) as a result of nonpayment. An Administration Fee of $125 ($20 for retired members) will be charged to members who pay between October 1 and up to October 31, 2021. Suspended members who pay all outstanding dues including the $125 fee by October 31, 2021 will be automatically reinstated. Members in arrears after October 31, 2021 must apply for reinstatement through their provincial association, pay provincial reinstatement fees along with all outstanding dues and comply with the full Reinstatement Policy.
- AIC DUES TAX DEDUCTIBLE: AIC Membership Dues are tax deductible. See this relevant court ruling: Montgomery v Canada 1999 CanLII 7732 (F.C.A.). Letter from AIC’s CEO regarding AIC insurance program .
Are you interested in donating to the AIC’s Research & Development (R&D) Fund or the Jack Warren Educational Trust? The AIC’s R&D Fund funds research in real property valuation; and, the Jack Warren Educational Trust fund is an annual scholarship to advance education in the areas of appraisal and valuation. For more information, visit the Research and Development Fund web page or Jack Warren Educational Trust Brochure. If you wish to make a tax-deductible donation you can do so while paying online. A separate tax receipt will be mailed.
Did you know ? Scholarships are available! Visit this page for more information.
Please remember…Membership Dues do not include the levies for Professional Liability Insurance. The AIC Professional Liability Insurance Levies will be billed in November by HUB International, who administers the Professional Liability Insurance Program on behalf of the AIC.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that once you are ready to pay your dues, you must continue and complete the entire process and not walk away from the computer. If the system locks you out due to it being idle, you will not have access to the payment section until it resets overnight. Please ensure your CC is on hand when you sign in.
If you require a copy of your invoice, please remember to download it before you provide payment. Once paid, we are unable to provide a copy of the original.
The dues payments are due in full (no payment options) no later than September 30th. Payments are accepted online, by fax, by email or by courier. Please note our system does not accept any Debit card payments.
Provincial or Chapter Change
If you see that your invoice shows you listed under the incorrect province or chapter, please contact AIC at . We will update your invoice before you proceed to the payment portal.
To resign your membership with AIC, send an email/letter to your provincial office indicating the effective date of resignation.